Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe this thread has almost died. Let's see if we can revive it a little. Here is the latest things I have been tinkering on. Trailer is finished now and is 20' long on the flat part of the deck. The truck is a 7.3 idi non turbo with a 5 speed. I did some work in exchange for the truck and it still needs work to be road worthy. The trailer I bought and replaced the deck, tires and brakes; as well as painting it. 2E731CBF-C29E-4D56-96C5-DC27A627628A.jpeg244CFC98-7E70-42E7-8659-C8141BC1D32C.jpeg

Ill chime in. Purpose built specifically for this job. She has officially broke even now on money spent building it vs money saved on propane bills. So at this point, its a true money saving truck and worthwhile investment. It is a dump bed, so I load with the skid loader or tractor and then dump in the pasture. A whole lot quicker and easier to haul in log form back to my farm and then cut and split at my leisure.

Granted, she also gets used for a plethora of other farm related jobs as well. She just broke 15K on the full power train rebuild in two years flat.20210512_190620.jpg20210512_190555.jpg20210307_115738.jpg

IMG_20221030_154118_845~2.jpg
Nice jag of wood when we went wood hooking the other day, some good bits and pieces left scattered about on a log landing. Here in Tasmania (Australia) most people split their wood in the bush when scrounging. Had to grab this wood before someone else found it, so took the trailer to get as much as we could.....

Headed home with another load,

IMG-3466-S.jpg

SR

Ill chime in. Purpose built specifically for this job. She has officially broke even now on money spent building it vs money saved on propane bills. So at this point, its a true money saving truck and worthwhile investment. It is a dump bed, so I load with the skid loader or tractor and then dump in the pasture. A whole lot quicker and easier to haul in log form back to my farm and then cut and split at my leisure.

Granted, she also gets used for a plethora of other farm related jobs as well. She just broke 15K on the full power train rebuild in two years flat.View attachment 1033398View attachment 1033397View attachment 1033396
We had a 68 C50 kind of looked like that one. Dad bought a new 78 F600 with power steering. Both were 12' dumps. Didn't hurt my feelings to see the old Chevy and manual steering go down the road.

I might have posted this trailer already. I got it just before Covid hit for $5800. I went to a dealer close to me and he quoted almost $9000 for the same trailer. I told him this one was sitting on a lot in PA, and I'd rather deal local. He kept insisting this one was used or damaged, he couldn't get it for $5800. Then he said it would be 3 months before they would even start my new trailer because of Covid. So, I drove about 2 hours and got this one. Only thing wrong was it was a left over 2018, brand new, with the 2018 price tag still on it. These were Fir logs I wanted to have milled, but I don't have a loader big enough to load them, so I had to cheat and use my JD X540.
R9GGuk5.jpg

New to me 09 F250, I sold the box off of it and built the dump bed. I can't imagine life without a dump bed
View attachment 1037050
I have an 08 F250 that already has a flatbed and was thinking of installing a dump kit. Did you use a kit or make your own? Do you have any kind of helper springs or load assist bumpers?

We had a 68 C50 kind of looked like that one. Dad bought a new 78 F600 with power steering. Both were 12' dumps. Didn't hurt my feelings to see the old Chevy and manual steering go down the road.
Something about the new body style in '67 was just, different. Haven't been able to place it since it is basically the same frames, but the late 60's early 70's Chevrolets just drove different from their earlier counterparts. All of the early 60's models I have driven have all steered really easily even when loaded, and this '64 is no exception. Comparatively though, they are gutless. The 292 is a stout work horse, but nothing compared to the 409/427/366 tall decks that made actual power.

I have an 08 F250 that already has a flatbed and was thinking of installing a dump kit. Did you use a kit or make your own? Do you have any kind of helper springs or load assist bumpers?
I built the flatbed and cylinder mount myself. 1" pins for the hinges. I do not have any helpers as of yet but I am looking at getting a set of Firestone airbags for both front and rear, front to help with the plow which is a 8.5' Fisher stainless vee.
If you need or want more info or pics hit me up. I just use a 4" x 24" cylinder from TSC. It could dump steeper with some more work but it works for wood great. I have 5/4" x 6" PT decking for the flooring too.

1940 9N with a trailer made from a Chevy S10 rear/bed. With chains on I can get into most places in the woods even in the snow.

Got tractor for $1000 with: tire chains, original Ferguson 2 bottom plow/springer harrow/scoop bucket, sway bars/stay bars/draw bar, and a TSC 6' rear blade.

$150 for the trailer, it has working lights/connections and can be used on road. Not bad for both under $1200?

Brush pile after last load.

1 9n and ploq.jpg

9N S10 trailer.jpg9N S10 trailer 2.jpgbonfire 5 22.jpg

Loading or unloading that last one? I can't believe you could haul with both those on??
Loading .Went about 30 miles twice each time with two logs .
I'd be checking those with the metal detector then milling them. Nice you had help loading them.
I am doing just that . Cut two of 14 ft logs down to 7 the other two I may leave 16ft . FF0B66F5-9AAD-493F-A7E3-DB71BEE08719.jpegA375403D-5121-4AAF-AD42-394B96002496.jpegF02C83EF-0776-4907-B915-DD928380D400.jpeg

Latest posts

Back