Wood I Cut and Milled with my Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbabcock

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Here are some leftover scraps of V-Match tongue and grove pine that I cut and milled with my trusty Greffardized 2149 and KD 266.
I used the wood to panel the Stabbin' Cabin up at the lake, that I've been building for the last year.

Here's what it looks like inside. Robert, John and Susie have seen it before it was paneled. Did it all in 7 days with my pals Mike and Bill. Next step is the trim.

Looks like a very nice job you did there Doug ...So how did you like doing some milling and why did'nt you break out the 3120??

:cool:

Rob.

I thought I had sars, so I went to the doctor for a check up from the neck up and he said I just had a sar knee and a sar neck.
DWB

Great looking cabin Doug! When I looked closely I could see that you used the special "beading" chain when you milled your paneling, beautiful!

Russ

I've got some nice black ash in my swamp I plan to mill into boards and panel the inside of my house with -- now that I've got my big SOLO 690. It'll beat the black plastic I'm looking at now...

Outside view:

Hey Doug, wheres the shingle that Frank's Planks made and Rotax carved? Shouldn't it be mounted on the Stabbin Cabin?
Frank

John, whats the advantage to the sweedish brush ax as opposed to a machette or the like???

Hi Ryan, the brushaxe is a multifunction accessery, its great for blazing trails and making marshmallow sticks for those campfire singalongs. I put the run on a black bear with it when it ripped open my Jansport pack and ate my bacon and beans in the Yukon.
Jack the Ripper

Alright Doug I keep going back and looking at those pics. Are you pulling our chains or did you really mill out all that lumber with a chainsaw? If you did, did you use a milling chain or one of those band saws that you can hook up to your power head? Cutting that much paneling with a chain would have a huge amount of waste in the cuts vs one of those band mills. I have taken a crack or two at milling with an alaskan chain mill, but have just kep that to just thick chunks. I had a woodmizer mill come to my place to do a bunch up this spring. Will try to post a pic here in this. About 1000 bf.

Back