wood pile photo's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My shed was originally built as horse stalls by the guy that used to own this house. All I had to do was remove the mangers. It is actually fairly handy to the house and keeps the wood out of most of the weather. The roof and sides are tin, so this time of year it works to help dry the wood. Before I put in the furnace, I was considering tearing it down. I am glad that didn't.:clap:

My shed was originally built as horse stalls by the guy that used to own this house. All I had to do was remove the mangers. It is actually fairly handy to the house and keeps the wood out of most of the weather. The roof and sides are tin, so this time of year it works to help dry the wood. Before I put in the furnace, I was considering tearing it down. I am glad that didn't.:clap:
I hear you mang, anything beats ice or snow covered wood or messin with tarps. I have a smaller 1/2 cord shed directly in front of the furnace for the summer months and the larger one is used for the mower and splitter. winter months the mower gets tarped and the splitter get a sheet of plywood.dry weather furnace gets loaded from the stack and the shed gives me dry wood when its wet.

6 cords in the new shed and working on more.

attachment.php

Oh, stop it! I betcha even the bugs are afraid to go in there because it's too neat and tidy. :D
(Very nice. :clap:)

Treepointer, I would have to put a kid on my shoulders to stack that high!

My wife can not see that picture...

oak

I think I am gonna let this dry for two years. Instead of moving it to the wood shed, I'm gonna build a lean-to over it.

This was a 60" X 14' oak but. I have another half cord of it to split. This pile is 6' tall, 16' long and 4' wide

I ended up with 10 cords of straightgrain maple, 4 cords of fir, one cord of cherry, three dords of oak for 2010 and a cord of pine (kindling).

Covered shed with 6 1/2 cords...plus wood stacked on pallet racks in process. When I get finished stacking I will have about 15 cords of wood which is about 2 1/2 winters of wood for me.
View attachment 103809

Mine isn't as nice as some but here's a pic anyway.
attachment.php

Still got a few rounds to split and stack.

25 cords. New woodshed. No more tarps and snow covered wood.

downsized_1201091453-1.jpg

I got tired of wrestling tarps too...

woodstovesheds274x231.jpg
woodstove375x231.jpg

18 cords in the upper shed... 6 chords in the lower... when they are full...

Back