Wood shed photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulinNY

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Im getting ready to build a wood shed. Something around 12' X 24' run in style. Id really like to see some photos of other members sheds. I could use a few ideas.

Here's my shop. :clap:

cedardown9-27-06002.jpg

Here's the north facing shed, 26' overall length, 11' depth

woodshed2006005.jpg

Here's the south facing shed 12' length, 11' depth (this was the latest pic, need to take one before filling with wood).

woodshed2006009.jpg

When I get ambitious again the two will be joined and I'll have a nice covered middle to work or park out of the elements, but still have good airflow. Everything has been made out of salvaged skids, a mix of oak3x3x10', and pine. The tin was free or salvage price.

woodshed2006002.jpg

not a shed

I am working on something, it aint pretty and it aint a shed. It is more like a covered rack. It is made mostly from junk. Our barn was damaged by a tree, so I have a bunch of timbers, 2x4s and standing seem metal roofing. I will post a pic asap. How do I do that? Is it uploaded right from my pc or must it be stored somewhere first? thanks.:biggrinbounce2:
BTY Wdchuck, that is a great stone wall there. How old is it? looks like your house is about as old as mine. Is it registered historic?

jerseydevil said:
BTY Wdchuck, that is a great stone wall there. How old is it? looks like your house is about as old as mine. Is it registered historic?

The stone walls are a barn foundation, 1890or so, the house is not visible in these photos, you might be seeing the top of the garage. There used to be a basket weaving company on the property in the 1850's and there was a trail to the Fort Atkinson running on the backside of the property. That's all the history I know about the place so far. Oh, and Lincoln had his horse stolen in my township.

I agree with the devil there, nice wall. Don't hesitate to send a few more pics of your property and some more history there wdchuck. That was a very interesting post. Thanks.

Just to come clean on my shed cisco. It's really the frame for my cabin. But it's a shed for now. It's up in your neck of the woods btw.

Nice

Adrpk said:
I agree with the devil there, nice wall. Don't hesitate to send a few more pics of your property and some more history there wdchuck. That was a very interesting post. Thanks.

Just to come clean on my shed cisco. It's really the frame for my cabin. But it's a shed for now. It's up in your neck of the woods btw.

Yur ever up this way lemme know dude. We'll have a brew, maybe I can show you some sites you haven't seen yet eh? There's lots of waterfalls and small peaks with great views that alot don't know about. Take care bud

Woodshed

Some really nice sheds posted. Now i just have to build it between midnight and 5AM so the town authorities dont start taxing me on a structure. Thats Long Island for ya.

Here in PA you need a permenent foundation like concrete before they tax you. The catch is, I am still taxex on an old pump house foundation that the former owners poured for the pool that is no longer here. So, I figure I'll build a shed on it some day. As it is I just have a few racks of firewood there. You can build on pressure treated lumber, and that will last longer than you!

Here is a pic of the rack I built. it is not pretty but it should work. I left plenty of room for air circ on the backside. I plan to build another but with some improvements.:rock:

Last edited:
Jerseydevil;

How's your snow fall average?, that tin looks like it might get a little rippled when the white stuff piles up.

We usually get a few good storms per year. I am hoping that the center support holds up. I am sure it will. Besides this is just a prototype and the next one will be sturdier.:rockn:
That is three pieces of standing seam roofing overlapped. It should be able to hold quite a bit of snow. There is another 2x4 parallel to the one you see in the middle ,it is about 10 inches away fro the front one.,

Last edited:
Here are 2 pictures of the wood shed I built. I used my existing shed as one wall so I only needed 2 walls and a roof. The 4th side is open. The interior is 12x8 and I will stack wood 6ft high so it holds about 4 cord. Its all pressure treated.

Wood Shed

I bought a set of plans for a run in shed on Ebay but its only 12 x 16 . I am planning to use those cement tubes for a footings and pallet floor over a little blue stone. A friend of mine suggested using used railroad ties as a foundation which will supposedly keep it a free floating structure.

Just scored free woodshed

A farmer near me just gave me this old grainary which I am going to make into a woodshed when I get it moved. 12' X 16' and 10 foot high walls. Should be a dandy.

Very nice indeed. Are you going to put the side sheds back on when you get it settled or make new ones to fit other purposes.

I will probably put the side sheds back on after I move it. It would make alot more room for truck trailer tools etc to stay dry.

A couple more pics

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/woodchuck_photos/woodshed 2006/DSC01912.jpg

This is about as finished as this will get for awhile, time to start filling it up.

-----------

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/woodchuck_photos/woodshed 2006/DSC01913.jpg

This is part of the long portion that faces north, added the last piece of tin roof, and put some roadside windows in, they slide up about 8" when I want more air flow.
------------

I tried for better stone wall pics, not enough light, try again tomorrow.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back