Wood splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tld400

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I finally made up my mind and bought a Ariens 27 ton splitter. This thing is a beast. But I ordered the cradles and side table but it came with cradles on it which was great. But the table is supposed to bolt up but there are no holes that line up. Had anyone ever had this problem. I'm prob. Going to weld the brackets on or drill it out. What you guys think. View attachment 300998

It doesn't matter how you get a table on there as long as you get one on there. Could not live without mine.

Yeah I really need it. Just pissed me off that the bolt holes aren't there. But nothing is ever easy.

Yeah I really need it. Just pissed me off that the bolt holes aren't there. But nothing is ever easy.

Bet you have the WRONG table! There are 2 different "Work table" models, one fits thje 22 ton, the other fits the 27 ton, and they have completely different hole patterns. I have the 22 ton, and ordered the work table for it from Home Depot. When I got it, the holes did not line up at all, so I called Ariens and I read the model # and sure enought HD sent me the 27 ton table. Had to swap it out, got the correct one now and fits perfect. And I agree, would not own it without it.

Here's the 22 ton with the table installed:

Attachments

• Table3_resize.jpg
    Table3_resize.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 68
Congrat's on pulling the trigger. The table is a must. Really helps when you're working larger rounds and need a place to park a few pieces that need more splitting. I try to bend over as little as possible. Much easier on my back working in the horizontal position.

Here's a pic of my wood splitting set up - don't have a pic of just the splitter now that I've looked for one.

Attachments

• Galaxy S4 Summer 2013 027.jpg
    Galaxy S4 Summer 2013 027.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 35
I've got the Speeco 28 ton and bought the factor log cradle. Three comments though:

1. The 4 bolts ARE NOT interchangeable. Read the directions, guess who didn't at first.:msp_angry: Two are fine thread and the other two are regular thread. (After figuring it out I even wrote on the beam below exactly what the bolt size is and the pitch of the thread in case I ever lose one)

2. Place a couple rounds just to the left of the splitter to have additional space to set large slabs you break off. In essence another make shift table.

3. I understand most run the motor wide open, but at 2200-2400 the Briggs 1450 is making maximum torque, (not horsepower) and runs the pump plenty fast enough for use by myself. The oil doesn't seem to get near as hot in hot weather either. Running in the manner give me close to 3 hours of run time on a tank. I've never ran out of gas yet in a session.

Back