Wood warmed me an extra time today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve NW WI

Unwanted Riff Raff.
Reaction score
Had a big pile of brush in the middle of a field from this winter, waiting on things to green up so I could burn it.

Guy that rents some of my land called today and left a message "I'll be over with the disk in the morning". Normally get that call in mid-may as I'm close to some heavier ground he rents that won't dry out till then, but this year it's ready to go already.

So, too dry and windy to burn, so I hooked up the trailer behind the pickup, and hauled 5 9x14' trailer loads outta there and put them on other brushpiles destined to be summer evening excuses to drink beverages. Much more of a workout than I wanted after 11 hours at work!

Next year I'll just burn it when it's cold and crappy like normal!

BTW did I mention the 3x12" bridge planks that are the sides on my trailer are not only removable, but they will remove themselves if you hit the right combination of pocket gopher mounds just right? I gotta find some lighter sides!

Could be worse though, weather was actually nice compared to the last couple days.

Sounds like a lot of work.

Similar situation for me, well, except the landowner burns the pile at his discretion. He's older and wiser, so I just watch, learn, and take notes.

Latest posts

Back