wood wolf?....super split copy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was at my local dealer, and saw a splitter that look much like the super split. www.thewoodwolf.com is the site if you guys wanna check it out. The splitter has a 6.5hp honda copy engine, and the actual splitter looks about identical to the super split. The price is around $1,500 depending on options, which is about $1,000 less then the super split. I talked to the dealer and he said many local firewood sellers are using them with great results. Has anyone on here tried or heard of them, any feedback?? Thanks guys..

I think I will stick with my Monster Maul. I live in town and split in my backyard by the alley, theres these gangbanger 14 year olds always walking around trying to be badasses, if I am back there swinging the Monster maul they leave in a hurry.

Why would they let the patent expire?

Can anyone confirm that Super Split no longer holds the patent on this design? If so, is anybody else making them other than SS, Gripo, and now WW?

I know SS had a pricing increase about a year or two ago, I wonder how this new competition will effect the pricing of their product? I'd imagine business would decline significantly if they continue to charge 60% more for the same product. Thoughts?

You can't renew a patent and they only have 20 year life. From the pictures I don't believe the quality is the same as SS, but the core important parts look pretty good. I just hope they designed the rack right, I bent the rack on my first SS (an old unit) the replacement rack was clearly redesigned.

i am looking for a ss and talked to them this morn. 2600 buys one and two weeks to ship Ill be talking to woodwolf also

My original SS was bought second hand and ran for 10 years doing 200-250 cord per year. Sold it to another tree guy who has had it for about 10 years doing the same. Thats about 5K cord of wood over 20 plus years of operation. One new motor and a few roller bearings...not bad.

I've tried more than once to get SS to take on dealers, without much success. If there is competition now available, I'll be checking them out very soon.

Might even be a good excuse to take a ride to NH :)

awsome.

Awesome splitters they both are, wonder how the wood wolf will hold up for over a grand less. do they work well with gnawley osk logs???

I was at my local dealer, and saw a splitter that look much like the super split. www.thewoodwolf.com is the site if you guys wanna check it out. The splitter has a 6.5hp honda copy engine, and the actual splitter looks about identical to the super split. The price is around $1,500 depending on options, which is about $1,000 less then the super split. I talked to the dealer and he said many local firewood sellers are using them with great results. Has anyone on here tried or heard of them, any feedback?? Thanks guys..

Yes they are a ss knock off. I saw one once. I don't think they are as well built as the original ss. A machine shop in Barnstead,NH sells them I believe. I have heard that they have a pretty good warranty. If anything breaks on them with in a year of purchase they will fix them free. Thats all well and good if you are local to them.

A machine shop in Barnstead,NH sells them I believe

And we call it "bahnsted".. was going to stop by and look at them for the heck of it but i dont think i would want to get in the way of one !!
maybe i otta and take some pix ??..
them ol boys been playing with that sorta thang fer yeahs now..
i heard about them crazy guys up on the hill playing with a contraption that was a man killer.
thier in the next town over from me and i have never seen one or know anybody that has one..

I've always wanted a SS. They were/are just too much $ for my firewood needs. I wonder about these as well. I wonder how the heck we could get our hands on one here in the midwest.

whitedogone I've always wanted a SS. They were/are just too much $ for my firewood needs. I wonder about these as well. I wonder how the heck we could get our hands on one here in the midwest.

they ship

I think I would like to see/try one first. Or at least see a review from someone who did.

wood wolf

will look into the wood wolf but i cant open the link or find any info online about where to call. any one have contact info for the woodwolf?

found out the guy who sold the woodwolf machine went belly-up..it was also of dubious chinese manufacture...

Back