Woodland pro bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAWFORD79

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was searching for a different bar for my Husqvarna 372XP I am currently running an Oregon bar but have not been satisfied with the life of the Oregon bar. My question is is the Woodland Pro bars from Baileys as good as the catalog say they are? I am running a 20" bar and just wondered if the almost double price was really worth it?

I just got a 20" woodland pro bar and 72 link chain to go with it, couldn't get the chain on the saw, had to add two links to get it to fit! And had to file the slot open larger to get it to fit over the studs on my 371xp; what a pain in the arse! Not sure if the age of my saw was the deal or if the chain tension hole was just wrong. Sure sucks when new stuff don't fit.

I really like my taumura. The Oregon on my husky needs dressing offten. My ES bar is not bad. But my Tsumura has yet to show any sign of ware.

What I am trying to get at is spend the money. Buy quality.

I just got a 20" woodland pro bar and 72 link chain to go with it, couldn't get the chain on the saw, had to add two links to get it to fit! And had to file the slot open larger to get it to fit over the studs on my 371xp; what a pain in the arse! Not sure if the age of my saw was the deal or if the chain tension hole was just wrong. Sure sucks when new stuff don't fit.
You probably got the wrong mount for it.

The Cannon/WP bars are nice. I have been pleased with the ones I have owned. But they are heavy, which may or may not be a deal breaker for you.

Are they worth 2x the price? That is a personal judgment call, I reckon.

Certainly possible that I got the wrong one. I used the bar finder app, did some looking here on this site trying to try and confirm the size options. Not a lot of info to make sure ordering the correct one.

My combo was cheap! Less than 40 bucks for a bar and chain ( Timbermax bar, not sure if the arbor max is priceyer). I am pretty sure I ordered the wrong mount style um50 instead of the Hu50 I needed. I was able to make it work with a couple link longer chain though.

they sent the wrong mount... the large mount will fit easy

edit.. I was late on the draw :)

Back