Woodland Pro Piston Quality

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i'm going to rebuild my old 394 and i am wondering how the woodland pro pistons compare to husqvarna oem pistons? baileys doesn't carry oem pistons for the 394, is it outdated enough that the oem pistons no longer exist?

keep in mind i'm planning on using this as my back up saw for falling, so it needs to be reliable.

thanks in advance for the advice.

They are good quality, but not as good as oem, you can probably still get oem if that's the route you want to go.

Where do you live on Van Island? I'm in Victoria.

i live in duncan. thanksf or the reply. do you figure the woodland pro cylinders would be good enough for a backup falling saw? not sure if its worth rebuilding, its definately got a few years on it. if the cylinder needs replacing i'll probably just use it for firewood and get a newer saw.

Ya, I'm sure it'll be fine for a backup. They had a few issues with them at first, but I know they've worked on making them better. You could ask Gregg here about it, he's a baileys guy. The aftermarket P&C's are definitely allot better then they used to be. I've used a few pistons with OEM cylinders with no problems. What is the problem with your saw??? Is just the piston no good? Can you save the cylinder?? That's definitely a better way to go.

pistons are still available

piston with rings part number 503 46 02-02

jug 503 46 00-71

bearin 501 81 74-01

base gasket 503 46 56-01

hope that helps

Ya, I'm sure it'll be fine for a backup. They had a few issues with them at first, but I know they've worked on making them better. You could ask Gregg here about it, he's a baileys guy. The aftermarket P&C's are definitely allot better then they used to be. I've used a few pistons with OEM cylinders with no problems. What is the problem with your saw??? Is just the piston no good? Can you save the cylinder?? That's definitely a better way to go.

Thanks again for the info. the saw just lacks compression, its pretty old. i haven't torn it apart yet but i will have time to take a look this week i think. what i was planning on doing was if it needed a new piston and cylinder then go with an aftermarket to save cash, but all i could find on baileys was the oem piston/cylinder kit. if the cylinder is good i think i will put in an oem piston if its not too much money. at about $400 for the oem piston/cylinder kit i'd be better off coughing up the money for a new 395 and having an all around new saw.

pistons are still available

piston with rings part number 503 46 02-02

jug 503 46 00-71

bearin 501 81 74-01

base gasket 503 46 56-01

hope that helps

it does, thanks for the help

Thanks again for the info. the saw just lacks compression, its pretty old. i haven't torn it apart yet but i will have time to take a look this week i think. what i was planning on doing was if it needed a new piston and cylinder then go with an aftermarket to save cash, but all i could find on baileys was the oem piston/cylinder kit. if the cylinder is good i think i will put in an oem piston if its not too much money. at about $400 for the oem piston/cylinder kit i'd be better off coughing up the money for a new 395 and having an all around new saw.

it does, thanks for the help

Oh ya, sorry, I forgot, there is no aftermarket option available for the 394, only aftermarket pistons, no cylinder's. You might just be able to get away with putting a set of new OEM rings in yours. Did you do a compression test? I just ported one of my 394's. Haven't run it in any wood yet though.

i live in duncan. thanksf or the reply. do you figure the woodland pro cylinders would be good enough for a backup falling saw? not sure if its worth rebuilding, its definately got a few years on it. if the cylinder needs replacing i'll probably just use it for firewood and get a newer saw.

Just have the cylinder re-nicked.

Latest posts

Back