Woodland Pro. Who makes it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g.moore

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need to get a spare chain for the 051 and 025. It's cheaper to pay shipping to Bailey's than drive into town for it but need to know who makes the Woodland Pro chains. I have had Oregon chain's and would rather use an axe, end up sharpening every 30 min or so whereas the Stihl chains I picked up when I was in town I have sharpened once (each saw) in 16 cords of wood. Don't want to buy the WP chain and end up having to just keep the file in my pocket the whole time until it's worn out. Looking at the 30RCS.

Cannon Bar Works Ltd. of Langley, B.C. Canada makes the Woodland Pro bars. And Woodland Pro chains which was once called Woodsmen Pro is made by Carlton.

Last edited:
Sharpened 2 saw chains for 16 cords of wood????????:jawdrop:
Most would sharpen a chain every 2 tanks and flip the bar :cheers:

See this thread on the Bailey's forum: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=74651

As per Grande Dog, "The XC is a Windsor frame with an Oregon cutter. The RC is our house brand of Carlton."

I am trying the XC at the moment. It felled and bucked a half dozen trees before touching up the teeth, and only then because I wanted to try out some new files. I am not claiming it is as good as Stihl, but it is satisfactory, especially considering the price

Last edited:
But Oregon owns Carlton :monkey:

Scott
I have to say I have no complaints with Oregon chain My 7900 came with a loop and it was my first experience with the LGX and really like that chain, I think it does hold up better than the older stuff from Oregon. Ah hell it's slow here today I think Stihl chain is the best at double the price it should be! their bars are top too, at least they got something right?
Just some Trolling:jawdrop:

See this thread on the Bailey's forum: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=74651

As per Grande Dog, "The XC is a Windsor frame with an Oregon cutter. The RC is our house brand of Carlton."

I am trying the XC at the moment. It felled and bucked a half dozen trees before touching up the teeth, and only then because I wanted to try out some new files. I am not claiming it is as good as Stihl, but it is satisfactory, especially considering the price
You are right.I too have been thinking of trying some of their XC but it is almost the same price as the LGX .

8 cords is typically when the saw stops feeding itself and I would have to start using some pressure so at that point I usually pull the chain throw it into my bag, grab another sharp one, flip the bar and put it on (unless I forgot my bag o' chains). All of my bars are 4+ years old and still going great, I typically buy a few chains every 2 years (bear in mind I alternate between 12 of them). I actually bought 2 Oregon bars for the 025 and they lasted through 8 cords of wood, started throwing the chain. Replaced with Stihl (hindsite it will be Windsor next time) and they are showing almost no wear at all. Since the chains are Carlton (what's on the 051 and works great) I will be ordering a couple 30RCS's, much prefer the skip in Pine than the standard chisel.
Thanks Guys

8 cords is typically when the saw stops feeding itself and I would have to start using some pressure so at that point I usually pull the chain throw it into my bag, grab another sharp one, flip the bar and put it on (unless I forgot my bag o' chains). All of my bars are 4+ years old and still going great, I typically buy a few chains every 2 years (bear in mind I alternate between 12 of them). I actually bought 2 Oregon bars for the 025 and they lasted through 8 cords of wood, started throwing the chain. Replaced with Stihl (hindsite it will be Windsor next time) and they are showing almost no wear at all. Since the chains are Carlton (what's on the 051 and works great) I will be ordering a couple 30RCS's, much prefer the skip in Pine than the standard chisel.
Thanks Guys

But Windsor and Oregon bars are now the same for the 025 just the paint is different

Scott

Now I'm really screwed cuttinscott! My Windsor is also ?? old and it's been awhile since I've needed to buy a new one. Atleast now I know what not to buy.

I've used Woodland pro chain from time to time, and I like it ok.
But if you can cut 16 cords with one filing............I'd stick with the Stihl brand chain.

Andy

Bear in mind I'm also cutting green Pine you can carve with a pocket knife. The thing is 3 chains from the Stihl dealer are about $75 + $15 in diesel = $90vs 3 WP chains $40 and say $10 to ship = $50 (I'm rounding). The savings is about 1/3 tank of fuel.

Bear in mind I'm also cutting green Pine you can carve with a pocket knife. The thing is 3 chains from the Stihl dealer are about $75 + $15 in diesel = $90vs 3 WP chains $40 and say $10 to ship = $50 (I'm rounding). The savings is about 1/3 tank of fuel.

Think about the extra time you will spend sharpening, and the files or grinding wheels. Time is money. You could make up that 40 bucks pretty quick.

Andy

Sorry SM, but when it quits feeding itself it's dull. I have 16 cords sitting next to my house, started with everything sharp. Cut all 16"+ w/ the 051 maybe 1 cord and still sharp, didn't sharpen. Cut everything below 16" with the 455, replaced the chain about halfway into it and it's still cutting. Limbed everything with the 025, done but fairly dull. I will not kill my back trying to use it as a hand saw.

Sorry SM, but when it quits feeding itself it's dull. I have 16 cords sitting next to my house, started with everything sharp. Cut all 16"+ w/ the 051 maybe 1 cord and still sharp, didn't sharpen. Cut everything below 16" with the 455, replaced the chain about halfway into it and it's still cutting. Limbed everything with the 025, done but fairly dull. I will not kill my back trying to use it as a hand saw.

Full cord 4'x4'x8' or face cord 4'x8'x16"?????????

Scott

Latest posts

Back