Woodland Pro. Who makes it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought a new Husky 372 last week and it came with a Laser chain [Oregon Lg cutters and ? for a chasis]. It has a 7 on the drivelinks. I am really impressed with the durability of this chain to hold an edge. It has the antivibe arrow between the heel and toe of the cutter and got the ramped depth gauge of a Oregon LG. But the finish and chrome looks different from my other Oregon chain. Stihl chain isn't necessarily harder then Oregon its just a heavier thicker cutter[ compare the backs of both chains cutters].

My chain

I have used Oregon, WP, and Stihl. I find the Stihl RS (Rapid Super rated Yellow by Stihl) to be a beast on my 372xp with 24" bar. The same can be said on the same saw with 18" bar. The Woodland Pro 38RS on the 18" bar is only slightly less aggresive. So in my opinion the biggest factor here is price. The WP is about 1/2 the price of Stihl chain and therefore I bought five 18" loops and two 24" loops. As for the 4 loops of Oregon 73, I might use them after I grind the rakers down because they are low-kickback chains and wouldn't cut through a warm pile of puppy shat!

Cannon Bar Works Ltd. of Langley, B.C. Canada makes the Woodland Pro bars. And Woodland Pro chains which was once called Woodsmen Pro is made by Carlton.
I just watched a you tube video on Woodland pro bars, on the package it says Made In Taiwan. That does not mean they aren’t any good, a lot of guys like them, I just ordered a 16 inch Woodland Pro Arbor Max bar for Echo CS 400, comes with a semi chisel chain also.

Latest posts

Back