woods port saw video thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't degree it until after the machine work. I took about .015" out of the squishband to clean it up. I then turned a .035" popup on the piston. That required dropping the jug about .050". Compression is now 200 PSI. After machine work, the port timing was 102/118-119/80. After porting it was 100/118/80. I raised the exhaust just a couple degrees to give it a little more blowdown. I was surprised how short it was from the factory. The transfers came up a degree or less jut from cleaning them up and working them over.
The 064/056 I've built are a battle to get blow down.
13 degrees stock and the exhaust at 100 stock makes it very difficult to get one to run right

I like that 064. That dolmar is impressive though.
And that's why I haven't seen any huskyboy 394 videos. You've got it
:) That is correct or else you would have seen 100 videos by now. I ran it at the New York gtg and the flywheel side bearing grenaded and ate piston, which was a brand new bearing. Probably flawed from the factory. Jason managed to save the jug. **** happens. Saws break like anything else. Just happy to have my old friend back :D

The plastic caged bearings Stihl have used in the past had a history of failure, I have changed out many flywheel side bearings in the MS440 saws, one of them was my own 440 that had less than 20 hours on it,Stihl would not go good for it so I bought my own bearing and changed it out.

You don't want nun of my mighty ms250 I got for free. Lol. I sold a nice red lever 026 back in the day because I hardly used it. That makes me want one again. Or a 024.

Nice one to have for sure. If only I didn't need to order brakes and a boost controller for my car. I need to hit the lottery only problem is I don't play. Lol

Latest posts

Back