Woods Ported 3120 aka...The TW3120

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brncreeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I’ve got some milling to do this week, so the 3120 is getting put to use. This is the first outing with the 3120 since timberwolf gave it a woods port.
Both cameras went dead after the first pass:mad:, but I did manage to get a video of the first pass. For the second pass, I set the mill down to 8 inches and made cut through the center of the log, it went just about as quick as the top pass. Don't know what kind of tree it was, but it seemed plenty hard.
I’m using an 8 pin sprocket and 3/8” chain for the milling.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It feels stronger than my EHP088, a log stand test should tell for sure. The dual port muffler looks good, but for milling the exhaust gas blows right at the operator.:dizzy:

It has a new piston and cylinder so it should improve. The eight pin seems to work I have no desire to go to a seven at this point, but if the chain was stalling constantly I would not hesitate to drop it down.
Yeah, it's got one mean idle now!

Even with the 8 tooth, it sounded like it was bouncing off the rev limiter a bit. I'd keep the 8 tooth on it as well, unless maybe your milling with the entire bar buried in some locust or white oak.

Yeah, a 7 pin would probably be on the electronic limiter constantly. The 8 pin plus one chain worked throughout the entire milling of this 10x10x8 cant.
I have one more log (cottonwood) to mill this week, then it's on to some 404 chain tests.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I’ve got some milling to do this week, so the 3120 is getting put to use. This is the first outing with the 3120 since timberwolf gave it a woods port.
Both cameras went dead after the first pass:mad:, but I did manage to get a video of the first pass. For the second pass, I set the mill down to 8 inches and made cut through the center of the log, it went just about as quick as the top pass. Don't know what kind of tree it was, but it seemed plenty hard.
I’m using an 8 pin sprocket and 3/8” chain for the milling.

attachment.php

That log looks like Hickory to me.

Nice! That is a beast with gobs of power.:jawdrop:
The HP graph TW ran shows about 13.8.
attachment.php

That log looks like Hickory to me.
Could be, whatever it is, it’s solid. It was all I could do to push up into the trailer.
attachment.php

I know this wood is hickory.
attachment.php

On to the cottonwood mill site today.
attachment.php

I cut it to a length of 8’. Here’s the 25” bar on a 34” log.

Nice photos!
Great saws!

Have a good Birthday too!

Thanks. I had some cake and ice cream today with my family before going into work. No chainsaw though:cry:, I guess that just means I’ll get two for Christmas.:D

Latest posts

Back