Work appearance-dress codes.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The answers is....

• take your shirt off when it's hot!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • blues jeans and any shirt will do, it's dirty work.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Nomber 2, but wierd shirts, sleave stay on. Nothing ripped.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • jeans and a company T.

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • No jeans and a company T.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • No jeans, we have a company shirt with a collar.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
Considering i wear jeans and a company T with a pocket I'll have to go with that.:blob2:

Combed hair
If hair is long it must be tied back or ponytailed and tucked away
Beards-no more than one days growth. If the beard goes two days the neck edge must be squared off and any ragged edges on the cheeks will be squared off.
Canopy Tree Shirts provided
Jeans-no holes bigger than two fingers wide-patch or replace
Sturdy boots-no ragged holes in boots, unsafe and unkempt
Nylon insulated Canopy Tree jackets provided for winter
If workers wear long tailed shirts they must be tucked in their pants unless they are square cut like Arborwear or hickory shirts

Am I harsh? Don't think so, I sign the paychecks.

A few years ago I hired a groundie that was too big to fit the XL Tree shirts. I told him to wear any t-shirt. The first day he shows up with a skulls and bones shirt for some heavy metal band. I told him that I wanted him to wear a plain t shirt with no scary stuff. The next day he shows up with some nasty shirt. I told him to punch out, buy a t shirt at Target and meet on the job site. He couldn't understand how his appearance would put off the clients. Duh... he quit a week later, I was so sad...

Tom

ya'll seem to dress prety neat, thats good so do i and my boss. my old boss though would scare the $hit out of you though! ripped up nast @ss jeans torn t-shirts big earings ect. needless to say i didn't work for him more than two days:eek:

I buy Wranglers at Wally World and wear all but my nicest 2 pair for work. I also buy the Dickies work T's, they hold up 5 times longer than any T-shirt I've bought. Since I climb for several guys, I just wear the grey T which tends to blend in with most of their company T shirts.

When my hair starts getting in my eyes, I get it cut. Too hot here for long hair.

tom,
tying long hair back to me is mandatory saftey. i happen to have long hair, and after getting it caught in a friction hitch once or twice i learned the hard way. now it always gets tied back.

what if the guy has a full beard? not just a couple days growth. does he need to shave to work for you?

when i worked in VT ski patroling the rule was. if you start the job clean shaven you had to finish the season clean shaven. if you sarted with a full beard you could keep it but it had to be neatly trimmed. they just didn't want to see a couple days growth.

Jeans and a shirt with a collar. In summer heavy cotton twill button downs. In winter a flannel long sleeve. Wool pants on cold/wet winter days. I used to have company 'golf ' shirts but while I liked the look I really didn't like the shirts.:(
I wear a full beard-trimmed short/neck shaved.

Nothing wrong with asking an employee to keep a neat appearance, just don't ask them to accept sh!t for pay in return. Like anything else in life ya get what ya pay for.

Dang, Tim!

I coulda gone all night without having that image burned into my retina. Now I'm gonna have nightmares! :eek:

Arborwear and company t-shirt/sweatshirt/flannel/button down denim/vest/polo <-- lots of options. Whatever it is, it's coming off in the heat! "Nothing ripped" <-- just my arms

If I didn't shave for a day, you wouldn't know. Maybe after a week you might ask.

Nickrosis

Im pretty much with tom on the dress code, but regarding shaving,Tom would be reprimanding me almost weekly( I hate to shave).
but mentioning beard length brings up an intersting story for me.
Have any of you guys seen a climber who had accidentally sucked up the full length of his beard into his climbing hitch while descending? Well I have seen it, and as funny as it was at the time it looked very painfull to me ,especially since this guy had descended far enough onto his beard that it actually was supporting his weight on the line( the bridge in his splittai was completey slacked and the beard was stretched banjo tight.):eek:
The climber managed to safely get down to the ground without losing face, however he did not find his actions as funny as the rest of the crew did.

Exactly, Craig-
Just how many 7-11 or McDonald's employees would you trust grounding for you, roping down large chunks over a house or separating your lifeline from the brush before chipping it? I certainly wouldn't!

Latest posts

Back