Work just showed up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Frack! Maples get some big where you are..that is is the way to get free wood right there..LOl

Ah yes we do have siliver maple up here as well..i look at them as more like poplar but hey it all burns.. still a good score when they bring it right to you..

Way, better than poplar IMO, I like burning Maple in the spring and fall. Even a piece or two mixed in with the harder stuff mid winter makes a real nice fire. Drys pretty quick too...

yeah it burns hot, but as said mixed with other stuff it is great. I burned alot this year and got lot of it to burn for the next few years.

In all honesty the silver maple around here is crap..i would rather burn poplar than it. I have had lots of oppertunities to keep wood from silver maples but it goes to land fill whenever i get one..

I have been cutting it at night after work, an hour here and 2-3 hours there. I have most of the small stuff cut, just need to work on the big bastards. I'm looking forward to sinking the saw into the trunk piece. I am surprised, the amount of rot is NOT as bad as I thought it would be. I have maybe a dozen pieces that will go to the dump...everything else is SOLID. There are a few ants, but they will go to the dump with the rotten junk. I have some silver maple in the stacks outback, and I don't mind burning it, works great for restarts, has a decent flavor for smoking...it's not my first choice, but its on my list of acceptable wood. Its better than tree of hell

Jeff

Just had a trailer of silver maple delivered myself! Tree guy friend called and asked if I'd take any. He drops the trailer, I remove what I want and he takes away the trailer again. I'm able to sell it for nearly $200/cord, and my kids do most of the work (and get most of the money). Not a bad set up.

Latest posts

Back