Work Shirts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:bang:
And shovels can make for humorous viewing when a hose breaks and causes lots of running about on the landing. Hmmm. Gotta be careful when figuring the length of tin pants. Cut them a hair longer than planned because they tend to accordian up a bit. I predict the midi length will again be popular. You might want to buy the little hiker boot style of caulks so you can better show off your new socks. I found some cute lavender colored earplugs at K-Mart.
I'm thinking I saw some teal colored ones somewhere. Unfortunately, I am forced to wear an orange hardhat so the ensemble is incomplete.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Last edited:
Fashion Faux Pas and an Etiquette Question

Another fashion rule:

Don't be tucking your pants inside boots or you will be called a "Farmer Logger". As in "They look like Farmer Loggers to me." said in a low, disdainful tone with a spit at the end of the sentence.

An etiquette question: Was it proper for me to point out that the loader operator had chew on the end of his nose? :angel:

slowp;715193 [COLOR="Red" said:
An etiquette question[/COLOR]: Was it proper for me to point out that the loader operator had chew on the end of his nose? :angel:

:ices_rofl: No. Never do anything that damages a loader's self image or sense of confidence and well being. We want the loader operator to be calm and mellow and feel good about his social environment. Pointing out minor flaws in his appearance will only serve to irritate and confuse him. If he has chew on his nose, or even something hanging out of it,just smile pleasantly and go on about your business. On the other hand if his loader is on fire or somebody just backed an empty into his new pickup you might want to mention it casually to him. This is considered well mannered behavior. He'll thank you for it...after his riggin fit is done. He might even deign to share his lunch with you and call you by your first name.
Remember, the loader has to deal with truck drivers. All day. Every day. This alone is reason enough to cut him all the slack he needs.

Last edited:
And shovels can make for humorous viewing when a hose breaks and causes lots of running about on the landing. Hmmm. Gotta be careful when figuring the length of tin pants. Cut them a hair longer than planned because they tend to accordian up a bit. I predict the midi length will again be popular. You might want to buy the little hiker boot style of caulks so you can better show off your new socks. I found some cute lavender colored earplugs at K-Mart.
I'm thinking I saw some teal colored ones somewhere. Unfortunately, I am forced to wear an orange hardhat so the ensemble is incomplete.

Oh, Midi will be delightful:heart: ! I mostly wear 8' or 10" boots, as anything taller seems to cause my feet to fall asleep. I have seen those hiker calks that you speak of, they might work well with my fishing vest, charcoal over red, and with all of the pockets i could carry earplugs for any occasion. I have earplugs in yellow and hot pink, just let me know if you need either color.

Last year i got doused by a broken coupling; why is it that when the lines start spraying all over a guy the operator inevitably finds it nessasary to try and finish getting the log onto the truck?

As an interesting aside, hot hydraulic fluid is the best lens cleaner i have ever encountered; the pitch wiped right off of my glasses and all the little scratches seemed to disapear!

Last edited:
I have a hickory shirt but find it too heavy for around here, especially during summer months... I mostly wear cotton shirts with the sleves cut off when doing tree work. when logging I wear the same cotton shirt but with a light weight flannel or cotton long sleve button up over it. My pants I keep long and do not cut because they usually end up torn to hell after a few weeks anyway. Boots are wesco's 16" keeps upper legs protected from briars and moccasins as well as comfortable while in spikes all day on residential removals.

I have a hickory shirt but find it too heavy for around here, especially during summer months... I mostly wear cotton shirts with the sleves cut off when doing tree work. when logging I wear the same cotton shirt but with a light weight flannel or cotton long sleve button up over it. My pants I keep long and do not cut because they usually end up torn to hell after a few weeks anyway. Boots are wesco's 16" keeps upper legs protected from briars and moccasins as well as comfortable while in spikes all day on residential removals.

Nice outfit, KKottemann. Now, I recommend trading in your yellow hardhat for an orange colored one. This would make your ensemble look more complete, and would complement the Stihl and chaps. :clap:

I see where I've made another poor color decision. I should also have gone for the orange chaps, but instead, on impulse, chose green. We all make mistakes.

Yup, but they are made for short people although the chew on the nose loader operator pointed out that my toes would be protected better if I got the ones for taller people. I had to ponder that a while.

Latest posts

Back