workplace antics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
anyone take time to mess around while at work, nowt serious (out of the publics sight, we trying to stay out of sight)?

just been wondering this as its always fun to blast really dead bits of wood (you know the stuff that turns to dust) through the chipper at unsuspecting colleagues.

that and im now known as 'five fills' after a block felling job (i could have put another fill in if we were working full days but the boss had to leave early, after getting there late, for 2 weeks)

jamie

well ......i kicked a groundy in the ass the other day. i'm tired of telling him 2 hands on the saw. :) so i thought a kick in the ass might get his attention. other than that i'm all business....i rarely smile :) .......oops did i just smile out loud.

MasterBlaster said:
I like to scare people with my Line Tamer, they think it's a stun gun.

it scares me just knowing you own a line tamer......a tautline man and a line tamer? jeeesh what next.

We teach new guys the doosie knot. Have them hold a section of rope and you take the rope in front of them so it makes like a triangle shape. It takes practice, but you twist both wrists and make 2 small loops and let them hang down a little in front of you. You can imagine what this looks like with a little dirtyness in your mind. Then you say "AINT THAT A DOOSIE!" They usually get a bit embarrassed because they are holding the end!

We have also turned chains around on the saws. (they dont cut very well that way) lol

We have filled a bucket of a bucket truck full to the top with woodchips, then put the cover back on.

I've always been fond of taking an older saw chain 32" or bigger and you can (to hard to describe with words, I'll take some pics sometime) flip the chain inside out so the rakers are on the outside. I've never seen anyone figure that one out and some guys will keep at it for days.

The most unforgivable prank I ever heard of was someone taking their saw's chain off, putting the bar back on, sneak up behind their buddy and start their saw between the victims legs. I do not recommend that one to anyone. :cry:

The most unforgivable prank I ever heard of was someone taking their saw's chain off, putting the bar back on, sneak up behind their buddy and start their saw between the victims legs. I do not recommend that one to anyone.

I've thought of that but that is the same as pointing the muzzle of an unloaded weapon at someone. There is also the revenge factor!

I had a co-worker leave a snake for me to find in my car after work.

Dabs of grease under your car door handle, or on the back of the steering wheel.

Once I was pooping in the chip box of the bucket truck while my foreman was doing a removal. While I was "in transit" he cut a wood block and dropped it on the box from about 30ft above. I almost messed my pants.

Old Monkey said:
I've always been fond of taking an older saw chain 32" or bigger and you can (to hard to describe with words, I'll take some pics sometime) flip the chain inside out so the rakers are on the outside. I've never seen anyone figure that one out and some guys will keep at it for days.

The most unforgivable prank I ever heard of was someone taking their saw's chain off, putting the bar back on, sneak up behind their buddy and start their saw between the victims legs. I do not recommend that one to anyone. :cry:

thats when i would turn around and beat the $hit out of them with the saw.

KentuckySawyer said:
I had a co-worker leave a snake for me to find in my car after work.

Yeah that guy would be fired.............One of our guys had the alls to walk up to me with a coffee cup and opens it up real proud.snake. He found out I just really don't like snakes.

kf_tree said:
it scares me just knowing you own a line tamer......a tautline man and a line tamer? jeeesh what next.

MB is a Oakman with Eucman tendencies.

Want to have some fun, open a can of tuna and leave it in a locked truck cab over the weekend with the windows rolled up tight and parked in the sun, when they open the door on Monday the smell usually makes it across the parking lot. :p

Latest posts

Back