workplace antics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a supervisor who was tired of trying to enforce circle checks on a couple of crews.

He taped XXX-rated gay material to the back of their chippers and let them drive across town.

Oh, it got results.

RedlineIt said:
Had a supervisor who was tired of trying to enforce circle checks on a couple of crews.

He taped XXX-rated gay material to the back of their chippers and let them drive across town.

Oh, it got results.

WTF? :Eye:

Dadatwins said:
Want to have some fun, open a can of tuna and leave it in a locked truck cab over the weekend with the windows rolled up tight and parked in the sun, when they open the door on Monday the smell usually makes it across the parking lot. :p
Instead of tuna, try night-crawlers (worms)! I made that mistake once after a fishing trip and once was enough! The smell is sickening! I'd be happy to describe further but i wouldn't want anyone to cough up dinner. :p . HC

Another prank is to get a tin can with a lid and put a few nuts / bolts in it. Then tape the can to the under side of the trucks steering column. Every time the driver makes a turn ... it will make a metallic grinding sound and get him jumpy. HC

Last edited:
This will work if your ever driving down the highway. Go to your local out door store and get a pack of deer whistles. Its small and has an adhesive on it that will stick to anything. Its designed to make a loud whistle noise to scare deer off the road as you travel down it but its a lot more fun if you stick one of them on the outside of the cab just forward of the drivers side window without the driver knowing about it. "What the he!! is that noise...you hear that...my god thats annoying" etc. Its even more funny if ya stick a bunch of them all over the vehicle! :dizzy: You get the idea. :D HC

When blocking up big wood, aim the bar tip so it sprays chip at my client (primary contractor)

Tie the climbing line off to something heavy so the climber has to haul it up. I only joke about belaying it to the treetrunk.

Cut branches into little peices when they complain I'm making them too big.

Water in the helmet (the yellow food coloring is a good idea there :laugh:)

My bosses old lead climber climbed a spruce, limbing as he went. He was still suffering from the brown bottle flu as was the case most of the time. Well he pulled out his little guy and peed on all the brush below that the guys had to chip. It was so funny he got fired. Thats how I got the foreman position. :rolleyes:

Make a good flush cut on a knee-high stump and slide it over a few feet. Cover the exposed part that you just cut with leaves, grass or pine-straw and ask a co-worker that didn't see you cut it to finish cutting the stump close to the ground.

A blower and a bottle of coke make a great spraygun, and a sticky mess.

Put the can of tuna against the chipper turbo, wire it in place, it will eventually explode and leave quite a mess and smell everywhere.

Fishheads in hubcaps or my personal favourite, popcorn kernals in the exhaust system. In alot of vehicles if you get it in right it wont come out until its light and fluffy!

we keep knocking the van into neutral as the driver is driving. dangerous but quite funny revving the arse off the van!! dont condone this tho. the boss nearly hit a fence in the van today cos of it. or even at light junctions, slyly knock into neutral! funny but pick a safe moment, not rush hour where gaps are small! i have in the past used a whole roll of zebra tape wrapped around a chipper, thats amusing. takes ages to get off!

wicked - can remember doing the nuetral gearstick trick as a junior groundsman and getting a slap for doing it to often to the foreman :laugh:

This one was discovered more by accident..

One of our labourers was desperate to p one day. The gardens we were working in were so small he would have been spotted by the customer straight away; no shops, pubs or public toilets anywhere, so he chose to go using the truck as cover. On this truck, there was a gap between the cab and the bed, just behind the driver's seat, and that's where he went. However, that was also where the expansion tank was fitted - on the outside of the cab, behind the driver's seat. Moments later, Denis, the regular driver, came round the corner, spotted the puddle under the expansion tank and came to the obvious conclusion. "Oh, no! Now we've got a f***ing leak!" Before anyone could stop him - not that anyone tried - he was on his hands and knees looking for the "leak". He had his fingers in the puddle, and was sniffing it as well! :p

You've gotta laff.

We have a high ranger, and some of you may know, you have to pay attention when you cradle the bottom boom. The cradle it kinda tough to see and it is just big enough to fit the boom support. So when you cradle the boom you hafta to be looking right at it. I stood behind the truck once when the foreman was cradling the bucket. I took off my glove and shoved it into a stick. Just before the boom set down I set the glove under it and started yelling when the boom smashed the glove.

:laugh: Funny you should say that TNT, reminds my of the time I climbed a big pine in a bright yellow coat as it was so cold. by the time i reached the canopy i was a lot warmer. So i took off the yellow coat and threw it out of the tree with a long scream of terror. groundsmen nearly shat themselves before they realized it was a coat on the floor, not a climber ;)

Latest posts

Back