Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worst saw? If not on the list comment below.

• Total voters
Apparently, none of you have ever ran a bad saw.

I'm talking about when you can't feel your hands again for an hour .

Bunch of spoiled brats.
Try a poulan wild thing, 20 minutes max... keep one as my only collector saw cause everytime i look at it the purple and lime green make me laugh - got 2 actually going to rebuild the complet one some day.

Try a poulan wild thing, 20 minutes max... keep one as my only collector saw cause everytime i look at it the purple and lime green make me laugh - got 2 actually going to rebuild the complet one some day.
The hand thing must not effect everyone I could use a wild thing all day and not notice any issues with my hands. I've even got one turned up and still nothing. It's a 2375 non strato no anti vibe.

My vote is for the 500i not because it's a bad saw but because they missed the opportunity to run a dished piston with the direct injection for better atomization.

The hand thing must not effect everyone I could use a wild thing all day and not notice any issues with my hands. I've even got one turned up and still nothing. It's a 2375 non strato no anti vibe.

My vote is for the 500i not because it's a bad saw but because they missed the opportunity to run a dished piston with the direct injection for better atomization.
Well you must have got a good one because the first one I had even the previos owner said the same thing and I have run saws for a long time- like over 50 years- he now has one of my 55 huskys loves it., I run much larger saw normaly but have a 51 and a 42 special for yard clean up and liming- 372-572 and a 390xp are my firewood saws, big timber up in my area.

Stupid question, how are you going to lubricant the crank bearings?

Before he gets blasted too much some context might help. it appears his a 14 year old kid.
Cut him some slack.. Good on him I reckon for getting into the world of and learning all about chainsaws most kids are playing video games or on their phones 24/7 at his age.
Yep

Like anything else. The product is as good as the owner.

Apparently, none of you have ever ran a bad saw.

I'm talking about when you can't feel your hands again for an hour .

Bunch of spoiled brats.
BEWARE, You can get PERMANENT NERVE DAMAGE. There are padded, vibration-reducing CHAINSAW or motorcycle gloves that maybe of great help, and note I recommend you talk to your doctor, as this can also be a symptom of heart and/ or diabetic issues. Both my hands went numb while carrying in groceries; I ignored almost a week, and finally went to ER, had a MI about 3-MINUTES AFTER they finally admitted and transferred to the monitor floor and settled into a bed. Now (9+YRS LATER) favorite phrase is "THANKFUL FOR EVERY DAY"

Before he gets blasted too much some context might help. it appears his a 14 year old kid.
Cut him some slack.. Good on him I reckon for getting into the world of and learning all about chainsaws most kids are playing video games or on their phones 24/7 at his age.
Oh yeah.

BEWARE, You can get PERMANENT NERVE DAMAGE. There are padded, vibration-reducing CHAINSAW or motorcycle gloves that maybe of great help, and note I recommend you talk to your doctor, as this can also be a symptom of heart and/ or diabetic issues. Both my hands went numb while carrying in groceries; I ignored almost a week, and finally went to ER, had a MI about 3-MINUTES AFTER they finally admitted and transferred to the monitor floor and settled into a bed. Now (9+YRS LATER) favorite phrase is "THANKFUL FOR EVERY DAY"
Like the dudes who take the guards of their grinders and say "safety is for pu$$ies".

TVD - Traumatic Vasospastic Disease or White-Knuckle Disease. I read about this 40 or more years ago in

Barnacle Parp's Chain Saw Guide: Buying, Using, and Maintaining Gas & Electric Chain Saws.​

It’s nerve damage resulting from the long-term operation of a vibrating chainsaw in cold weather.

Young man, please do not worry about some of the negative comments a few post here. Some seem to feel the popped from their momma's womb knowing every damn thing in the world. The truth is not a single one of us did, none of us. None of us do today no matter is we are 12, 22, 42. 72, or 112. If folks do not learn something each day then they are dead.

Latest posts

Back