Worst transfer yet! 026 resurrection...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saw is still in pieces. I will post compression results after I get her all back together.

On the golf cart, I do not remember. It was a low compression engine and I was just trying to get all I could out of it. It is still chugging away working on a tree farm in North Central Arkansas. Like stated above. I am a jack-leg mechanic who works in the garage of repair and despair (for a hobby). I work on just about anything.
:popcorn2:

Have you ever used muriatic acid on Q-tips to take out the aluminum transfer? It takes a while, but you can tell when it's done, because the Q-tips are no longer green. I then neutralize with baking soda. As long as you only touch the cylinder liner, there is no risk of damaging anything. Should be some old threads on this. I really like the 026. I have two, one of which (my very first Stihl) runs a hedge trimmer attachment. Also I just got two 024s that have never been run

Back