Would it kill ya!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spacemule said:
I ask questions quite often on ebay. In fact, I only buy the item for about 1 out of 5 inquiries sent out. Selling on Ebay, I typically have anywhere from 3 to 10 emails per item.

Time is money. I can perfectly understand why someone would not want to go out and disassemble the saw for every email that comes in. That doesn't mean they're lazy--it simply means they have other priorities. You're an accountant, so you should have heard of opportunity cost, no? How much is a used Poulan going to sell for? How much time is a used Poulan worth investing for a possible bidder? I would say not a heck of a lot for anyone who actually has a life and works for a living. A used Poulan is a "pays your money and takes your chances" type of proposition.

Disassemly...? Other Priorities....Opportunity cost....?

Man, when I posted this thread I thought it would just bring a few laughs. Evidently very few. I wasn't trying to dissuade anyone from bidding on the guys items or cause undue stress to anyone on this board. I really didn't think it was "disassembly", just 3 screws. I was totally lacking in feeling for their other "priorities". I failed to think of the opportunity costs for the seller, my double major in economics and accounting was twelve years ago so you would think I would have been more aware to that. I'm a failure! :dizzy:

Gumneck, I think you mistook my tone. I was just pointing out that it's understandable. I'm under no stress from your post. :)

About opportunity costs, I think buyers often neglect to consider those. I wasn't pointing fingers at you.

scottr said:
Tom , I've found humor in this thread and your last post makes me want to repeat that the seller probably travels to the smell of a different tuna .

Still cracks me up.

I love that saying...I cant wait to use it on someone or something.

spacemule said:
Gumneck, I think you mistook my tone. I was just pointing out that it's understandable. I'm under no stress from your post. :)

About opportunity costs, I think buyers often neglect to consider those. I wasn't pointing fingers at you.

Ok. I meant the thread as a laugh. I dont need to throw stones or pick a fight. That's what marriage is for ....and I'm married. ;)

scottr said:
Tom , I've found humor in this thread and your last post makes me want to repeat that the seller probably travels to the smell of a different tuna .
HahaHa, I like that Scott, it's funny. :blob2:
John
Hahaha.jpg

Looking at the air filter cover on that saw it looks like it's a 2.1 not a 2.3 saw.And I don't know if the flywheels would be the same.

Latest posts

Back