Would you spend as much on a chainsaw as a firearm?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have more in these 2 guns than I do in almost all my saws (minus the 3120).

ccrsars.jpg

I love the AR. I have almost as many AR's alone as a do saws.

I only buy saws for working,but I do have an overstocked inventory right now which is probably a good thing because they will last me a while,maybe until the economy gets a little better.I refuse to spend any more on a saw than what a new MS660 costs..I could have bought a decent used pickup truck for what I spent on my Robar SR90 sniper rifle.

Like a lot of the other guys on here, I have plenty of elk rifles, and other firearms only hold a passing interest........so old Macs have kind've taken my attention in recent years--although I have a small collection of old-timey reloading equipment I continue to add to......

But... there is one of them Swedish-German saws in the form of a pristine 3120XP that I'm currently trying not to buy............unfortunately, I'm a lifelong bachelor and don't have a wife to "scorn" me out of it!!!:bang:

Casey

Last edited:
Funny how spending 1K for a rifle that sales retail for 1400 is a no brainer while buying a 660 for 850.00 that sells for 1100.00 is more than I can justify...

The rifle gets used a few times a year and the saw would be used monthly. Seems I need to adjust my priorities!!!!! LOL

2Door

That is why I dont race anymore...money aspect too much to be competitive and raise 2 kids. Not to mention the wife scorning me...

I was thinking about getting into racing bikes one time. A racing friend advised me that it's an easy way to make a small fortune. You just need to start with a large fortune...

Take a look at those $350-400 John Deere CS62s. Closer to a MS361 than a MS290. More power and less weight than a 290, and constructed like a pro saw. Outboard clutch though.
No thanks. I wouldnt own anything John Deere. Stihl, Husky and Echo are cool, JD is not.

Yes. Even if I had a gun on me it's more likely I would use my hands for protection seeing I would have your head off and so far up your ass before you even got a notion to violate my space.:hmm3grin2orange: Hunting would be cool but not smart seeing there are other people in the woods with guns during hunting season.:D

Last edited:
I would spend more on a saw, but thats easy. all my guns were great deals, or hand me downs.lol the rifle i really want is about 2 grand and i dont think a saw exists i would use for that much. :chainsaw: :greenchainsaw: :givebeer:

I would spend more on a saw, but thats easy. all my guns were great deals, or hand me downs.lol the rifle i really want is about 2 grand and i dont think a saw exists i would use for that much. :chainsaw: :greenchainsaw: :givebeer:

I have a few saws that 2k wouldn't touch.

Or any other hobbie.
There was a 090av on Ebay that went for over 2500. I would never spend that much on a saw. But I would think nothing on spending double or more than that on a gun. I plan to spend ever more than that when I get my 50bmg.

Anyone else have hobbies they would spend more money on than saws. I know this is a trick question because some things are just plain more expensive than saws. Like campers. But if you have 10K to spend on saws or a camper what would you choose?

I used to be a gun gatherer (not really a collector). I've got a few barrels for my contenders that cost more than most saws. But mostly I'm a component collector. I've got 50# or so of gun powder in my basement and probably over 10000 bullets (from 17 cal. to 458 cal) and more brass than most sporting goods stores.

I've moved on to chainsaws for now. At one time it was jeeps, dirt bikes, backpacking, canoeing, and other things. Tractor stuff keeps me busy too. I'd love to have a grapple.

Wassail:cheers:

The first and only gun I've ever bought was an H&R single barrel 20 ga with a modified choke, great dove gun. All the rest have been given to me or inherited. I really like my Grandfathers Remington RangeMaster 22 bolt action, great varmint gun if you're a good shot, only get one chance you know.

I'm in a shotgun state here and I don't own any guns that I can't take out and hunt with. I do have my grandfather's Model 70 30-06 but that gun doesn't go out in the timber and it would be overkill for coyote. Never spent more than a couple hundred on a gun. So the chainsaw gets my vote.

Have spent several dollars on guns in the past and they have appreciated in value quite a bit. I doubt any saw that i have is worth what i paid for it. But i don't expect it be as it is used for cutting firewood to keep my backside warm in the winter. The guns are used anytime for fun. I suppose if their was a need for a saw that was expensive i would try and get it.

Or any other hobbie.
There was a 090av on Ebay that went for over 2500. I would never spend that much on a saw. But I would think nothing on spending double or more than that on a gun. I plan to spend ever more than that when I get my 50bmg.

Anyone else have hobbies they would spend more money on than saws. I know this is a trick question because some things are just plain more expensive than saws. Like campers. But if you have 10K to spend on saws or a camper what would you choose?
guns are a great investment, and alot more fun i think, i love saws, but man, 2500$? i think i would rather have a barret m468, or you could go the cheaper route and buy a .50 bmg upper for an ar15 for around 1800$ with a detatchable 5 round box mag, and spend the extra 700$ you save for a h&k usp .40 tactical....just my opinion.....

I'm glad I've collected firearms for close to 40 years. It just ran out of sparkle and saws seem to be taking it's place, at least temporarily. One of the reasons is $500.00 doesn't buy you much anymore, with what I like. Certainly has proven to be a better investment based on the state of current affairs.

i'll bet an h&k psg-1 would rekindle that twinkle 577....:givebeer:

That is why I dont race anymore...money aspect too much to be competitive and raise 2 kids. Not to mention the wife scorning me...
I've been to the track 3 times this year.last time out made 5 rounds. did not run a single door car all day. came down to me and 6 rails. I broke out and got 75 bucks. its just not fun anymore. how can people build 50k cars to run for a 600 dollar pot?

Latest posts

Back