Wow! I love this 365 x-torq (and I'm a huge Stihl head!)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCsawman

Reaction score
Ive owned quite a few saws, most of them I buy needing work etc. For personal use, I have owned a 260, 360, 361 (primary saw now) and a short stint on a 440 (plaqued with problems). So I couldn't decide on a one year old husky 365 x-torq but finally just bit the bullet and bought one at what I thought was a price I couldn't pass up... Whoa, I love this 365! It cuts a wide kerf and just barrels through the wood. Have I been missing out by being on the Stihl band wagon? Don't get me wrong, I think Stihl makes and excellent product. But I can find a used 365,372 etc for a couple hundred less than a similar Stihl model. What am I missing? Do these husky's have more maintenance issues?

Yes you've been missing out... As many on this site you're just a victim of stihl's excellent marketing... oh and i make a majority of my money with stihls...

Yeah, most old school arborists are Stihl, then they find Husky rocks. Great to see you've joined the club.

If I'm not mistaken 365s can be converted into 372s easily by removing some little port cover on the motor somewhere?

Ive owned quite a few saws, most of them I buy needing work etc. For personal use, I have owned a 260, 360, 361 (primary saw now) and a short stint on a 440 (plaqued with problems). So I couldn't decide on a one year old husky 365 x-torq but finally just bit the bullet and bought one at what I thought was a price I couldn't pass up... Whoa, I love this 365! It cuts a wide kerf and just barrels through the wood. Have I been missing out by being on the Stihl band wagon? Don't get me wrong, I think Stihl makes and excellent product. But I can find a used 365,372 etc for a couple hundred less than a similar Stihl model. What am I missing? Do these husky's have more maintenance issues?

Yup,,
Jeff

Back