Wow.. look what I busted!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No,to the too much rope thought! More is better providing you dont shear it off in open ports.

The closer to a 90 degree angle of rod to crank throw, the less force is needed to block the crank from turning;The closer to being in line with the crank throw (nearing TDC) and toggling in (like a load binder) the greater is the lengthwise force on the rod necessary to block crank rotation.

Uh, well....... Forgive me, but I think it is a pertinent question. You go by the handle of Andrethegiant70. How big are you actually? Perhaps your idea of leaning on something is not quiet in the same league as others.
:cheers:

=======

I have often wondered about your screen name in the past..only because I met Andre a couple of times, drank a little beer with him, actually I drank a little...He drank a LOT..That man was a beer drinking machine...like pouring water on the Mohave Desert, just soaks it up...and a very nice guy

I can't help thinking that con rod must have been already tweaked. The force would be directly in line with the rod, assuming the rod was straight. Seems it would already have to have a slight bend in it, or crack, to get it to kick over like that. Otherwise, it would have to compress one side a lot more than the other to get the bend started. Doesn't seem likely. Of course, could have been a defective part as well.

Actually Space a rod will bend on its own pretty easy. I've seen a few four- wheeler engines that the operator sank, then thumbed the starter button with the cylinder full of water. Bends the rod every time.

Actually Space a rod will bend on its own pretty easy. I've seen a few four- wheeler engines that the operator sank, then thumbed the starter button with the cylinder full of water. Bends the rod every time.

Have seen same thing happen..........Toytoa 4x4 4 cyl, playing in the water.

I'm sure they will, but you're talking about getting a rotating start. Don't you think that's a different dynamic than static torque? Of course, I'm talking out my arse here. :greenchainsaw: :cheers:

I'm sure they will, but you're talking about getting a rotating start. Don't you think that's a different dynamic than static torque? Of course, I'm talking out my arse here. :greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Maybe...Lets face it...you bend a rod- you've majorly screwed up!

Latest posts

Back