wow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it enough just to have a bowline when taking down that big a chunks? Shouldn't there be a half hith in addition to the bowline? The vid looks a bit hairy to me....

It's a stretch to infer drug use. Plausible, but an unnecessary assumption. The sad thing is these guys are proud enough to put some good production effort into the video and use it for advertisement. Too many ignorant HOs out there that say "Wow, he's good, look at all the calculated risks he did so precisely" Truth is, too many careless risks that will one day catch up to them. I grazed a power line like that once in my ten years of full time tree work. It scared the $*##! out of me and I was incredibly happy nobody saw but my worker and I. Grazing power lines, taking out a mailbox, the boat rolling in, etc. Why would someone be proud to put their name to that kind of work?

It's a stretch to infer drug use. Plausible, but an unnecessary assumption. The sad thing is these guys are proud enough to put some good production effort into the video and use it for advertisement. Too many ignorant HOs out there that say "Wow, he's good, look at all the calculated risks he did so precisely" Truth is, too many careless risks that will one day catch up to them. I grazed a power line like that once in my ten years of full time tree work. It scared the $*##! out of me and I was incredibly happy nobody saw but my worker and I. Grazing power lines, taking out a mailbox, the boat rolling in, etc. Why would someone be proud to put their name to that kind of work?

I didn't like anything those guys did.

wiping out the neighbors mail box was enough for me... I would bet a winning lotto ticket there was some damage to the neighbors houses too. Way to much debris and the houses are most likely just out of camera view. I call them a meth head for rushing to drop that thing when they could have taken a little time to make it much safer. Obviously something was making them feel the need to get that down and get paid... Call of the wild?

big pieces of wood to be rigging on a dead tree
almost crushed the fire hydrant
is that the road they dropped the tree on, def left a mark, probably not a good idea
also def the lowest bid, looks like they had to get the tree down quickly, probably the lowest bid by a lot
the climber isn't a meth head, he looked like knew what he was doing, as far as rigging and cutting,

gave me goosebumps watching it

is it safe to be climbing a tree that dead when bark is pealing off of it?

These kinda removals always go faster when the home owner ain't around. And the neighbor wondered why his mailbox wouldn't close quite right.. Wonder if the guys insurance co has seen his vids?

big pieces of wood to be rigging on a dead tree
almost crushed the fire hydrant
is that the road they dropped the tree on, def left a mark, probably not a good idea
also def the lowest bid, looks like they had to get the tree down quickly, probably the lowest bid by a lot
the climber isn't a meth head, he looked like knew what he was doing, as far as rigging and cutting,

gave me goosebumps watching it

is it safe to be climbing a tree that dead when bark is pealing off of it?

Well safe is a call onsite however cottonwood is never safe and very weak wooded. I would like to use his groundie they ran ropes great. I have climbed with having to kick off rotten debris to get spur in but it is species dominant on whether its safe. Also conks at base or in defects halfway up I'm mr probe when I see conks! Here we get lots of dead pines and if they have any brown needles left I feel ok in them. Also hypoxylon canker in our white oaks can be sketchy.

Thats good stuff right there:laugh: they got lucky the wires didn't come down or hit that fire hydrant the way they just Murphed it.

Well safe is a call onsite however cottonwood is never safe and very weak wooded. I would like to use his groundie they ran ropes great. I have climbed with having to kick off rotten debris to get spur in but it is species dominant on whether its safe. Also conks at base or in defects halfway up I'm mr probe when I see conks! Here we get lots of dead pines and if they have any brown needles left I feel ok in them. Also hypoxylon canker in our white oaks can be sketchy.

I kinda feel that cottonwood is better to climb when stone dead... but not much better at all. When in full leaf those monsters are scary.

Latest posts

Back