Wrap Handle On The East Coast???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CR500

Diesel, Snowmobile, & Chainsaw Technician
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before on this site but I have used the search and have not found the answer I am looking for. Okay I will be buying a new saw in a few months either the new hopefully the new 461 but I would like the "R" model and I was just wondering if anybody knows if a person in NY can buy a Wrap handle model saw. I emailed Stihl and they sent me a an email that was pretty vague. here is what it said

"We are in receipt of and thank you for your e-mail. Due to lack of
demand wrap handle units are not offered in your area.

Thank you again for your e-mail."

I remember people saying that Northeast Stihl was able to deliver Wrap Models. Does anybody know how to get in contact with Northeast and see if I am able to buy a Wrap Handle saw in NY?
Clint.

Your best bet would be to contact a few local dealers and have them do the leg work for you. Otherwise youll find the same lack of support trying to deal with Stihl directly... It took me over three months to get my terr. rep to return my calls.. So my luck with stihl has'nt been the best and would expect the same results for you.. Talking to other local dealers this sounds like a industry standard for stihl. You may have better luck in NY, Im in AR.

I know this has been discussed before on this site but I have used the search and have not found the answer I am looking for. Okay I will be buying a new saw in a few months either the new hopefully the new 461 but I would like the "R" model and I was just wondering if anybody knows if a person in NY can buy a Wrap handle model saw. I emailed Stihl and they sent me a an email that was pretty vague. here is what it said

"We are in receipt of and thank you for your e-mail. Due to lack of
demand wrap handle units are not offered in your area.

Thank you again for your e-mail."

I remember people saying that Northeast Stihl was able to deliver Wrap Models. Does anybody know how to get in contact with Northeast and see if I am able to buy a Wrap Handle saw in NY?
Clint.

your dealer can order one through his distributer, even if the distributer chooses not to stock that model. the distributer can order any model from stihl, and should have it to you within 2 weeks. my distributer doesn't like to stock too many wrap models, but they have never had issue w/ordering what i want. the only place in this country that really sells/stocks wrap models are northwestern states. i personally prefer all of the wrap models stihl offers.

So basically Northeast Stihl can supply one to my local dealer is what u are saying.

So basically Northeast Stihl can supply one to my local dealer is what u are saying.

Yeah no MS460 R models are listed on our Esales, but you can have you dealer call Northeast Stihl and see if they can order one
as StihlDeere man said it'll take about 2 weeks to get it in from a distributor that has them in stock.

Latest posts

Back