Wraptor talk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Received the unit this afternoon. Took it for a spin. Very cool, very cool machine.

You gonna toss up some pics and vids soon, right? I'd like to give one a whirl someday.

You gonna toss up some pics and vids soon, right? I'd like to give one a whirl someday.

We're gonna get into the vid thing once the flow starts again. There is a vid at the start of the thread and some on youtube. You can demo one for a couple of weeks. There is a little magic in these things.

I have had one now for a few months, I will agree that on a big spread tree you are up and down alot. But getting to the top without expending energy and getting a nice tip to begin with is great. Earlier in the week I worked on a oak that had the central leader broken out some years ago and four leaders took up the role of the top, I wraptored up each lead and pruned on my way down, Groundie had the rope ready to go on the next lead as I was getting back to terra firma.

The wraptor will change the way you look tree work in general. I promise.
If you don't have a bigshot, go ahead and make that a part of the wraptor kit.

Wraptor

I borrowed one to show at a Recreational Climbing Workshop in Florida. Some of those tree climbing schools are helping physically impaired folks experience the unique perspective of being up in a tree. The Wraptor would be a help in that endeavor.

I have one of the machines right now as I was going to go to the NH GTG but that fell through for me. I came down with vertigo; on meds now and the world isn't spinning as much now. I had just cabled and braced a large double oak that day and so glad it didn't hit me during that.

This week I will be showing the Wraptor to a tree company in NE Maryland. After that I ship it to the next person who Paul has lined up to try a demo unit.

It is compact, simple, efficient, not that obnoxious (just keep the exhaust away from you and downwind as you would your saw), and a lot of energy saved getting up the tall ones.

Try it you'll like it!

Any new wraptor owners as of late?

Those of you that just got one, are you enjoying the ease of climbing now?

Need to change your sig line now Guy to "go smokeless (except for your Wraptor)"

I am loving mine. Drive around looking at trees and the best crotch to shoot for the free ride.

That thing looks pretty darn cool, I cant climb anymore from a few injuries, that thing might change all that.
Does this guy have a list of demo sites, didn't see that on the website, or am I blind as well!

We're getting another ten inches of snow on top of the 24 we had already. I had the local fellow come by and see the Wraptor and he was impressed; still said he'd probably wait a month until his cash flow starts up in earnest and then buy. I'll ship it out to the next person on the list as soon as I can get to the post office.

sgreanbeans - drop Paul a message and see what he can do... it's a great device: ropetek at yahoo.com

That thing looks pretty darn cool, I cant climb anymore from a few injuries, that thing might change all that.
Does this guy have a list of demo sites, didn't see that on the website, or am I blind as well!

Have him send you a demo to try out yourself like JPS is doing.

How is everyone storing and transporting it? I think I am going with the crate to keep it from falling over and getting wet on the ground. It fits nicely in the single size. Also when in the pickup bed I may lock it to a tiedown. Can't stand to take that kind of loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back