Wright saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackoak

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I came across an old Wright reciporcating saw the other day. It is in good condition. After cleaning the carb and tank of nasty sludge and replacing the fuel lines, the saw fired right up. My problem is the blade is broke and I need one. Does anybody know where to purchase one. I would love to try this old beast out. It does not have a model number on it that I can find, but it does have a sticker that says Super Rebel. The guide bar is 24" long. It's big and heavy and brown. The serial number is 302766. It also has a letter T cast in the starter cover. How do these saws compare to regular chain type saws?

Hunters prefer that saw for cutting up what they kill, because it has no chain to oil and contaminate the meat, I dont know how it compares to a chainsaw, but they are interesting to see.

There's also an older thread here where Mike Acres adds some comments on uses for that saw. Try a search for: Wright AND reciprocating.

Blackoak,
I have a couple of new ones I will sell. Do you need a bar too? I beleive I have a new one of them too. I will have to check the size of everything and the tooth count on them.
Bob

Madsaw said:
Blackoak,
I have a couple of new ones I will sell. Do you need a bar too? I beleive I have a new one of them too. I will have to check the size of everything and the tooth count on them.
Bob
The bar on this saw looks good to me, I think I just need thae blade. Let me know what you come up with. Thanks blackoak

Back