wright tree service pay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quirtmiller

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys was wondering if anyone coult tell me ball park figure what a grounds person for wrights treeservice makes. Just bought a house and am hoping to get hired on. Also what do these companies do when winter comes?

You should worry more about how many hours you get than what you get an hour. Ask one of their employees what they made last year total. If you can't get a straight answer go somewhere else.

The best advice I can give is this. You should only do this if you enjoy working with trees and plan on getting certified and making a career out of it. If you are just looking to collect a paycheck you will be much better off somewhere else.

What he's saying quirt is that if you don't have any aspirations in this field beyond dragging brush for a half ass paycheck, you're better off doing something indoors. The heat/cold makes the weaker links break if you know what I mean.
If you're someone who enjoys being outdoors year round, isn't afraid of heights, and is willing to work your ass off to get any respect at all, then there's a career for you in this line of work. Hardworking climbers are needed everywhere and some employers are willing to pay good money for the right set of skills. Anyway, just figured I would throw in my two cents, good luck if that ends up being your choice..

I spoke with a groundie in Ft. Wayne, IN working for Wright and he said that they started off at $12.50. It probably depends on your location. I spoke with a whole group of them and most of them came from out of state to work and all of them said that they loved the job and were travelling a lot. Not sure if that is normal for them or not.

I was making $16.50/hr as a groundsman for the first tree company I ever worked for a couple years ago, but I was a DZ driver, had my first aid/CPR certs and was already experienced with a chainsaw. If I brought my own chainsaw to work he said he would have given me a dollar raise. Hope that helps

I would take a groundie job for 16.50 some times. I will not get my saw out of the truck for less than $25.

Canada pays more. They are unionized. They don't have to pay insurance and workers comp. because the government pays for those things. I don't think they compete with unlicensed drug addicts cutting trees to feed habits like we do. The curancy conversion rate makes the pay more like $15.

Canada pays more. They are unionized. They don't have to pay insurance and workers comp. because the government pays for those things. I don't think they compete with unlicensed drug addicts cutting trees to feed habits like we do. The curancy conversion rate makes the pay more like $15.

Pretty generalized statement. That's like saying all Americans are fat. Oh wait.....

Canadian companies probably pay less. We start groundies at $13, 14 if you drive. We're not unionized, only the utility clearance crews are.

We pay just as much insurance and our worker's comp is higher and much more intrusive because it is government run (not government paid). We don't have the same health insurance rates, but we have to pay for it (income tax).

We compete with unlicenced operators, probably not as many.

You should do some research before you start blowing smoke out your ass.

Pretty generalized statement. That's like saying all Americans are fat. Oh wait.....

Canadian companies probably pay less. We start groundies at $13, 14 if you drive. We're not unionized, only the utility clearance crews are.

We pay just as much insurance and our worker's comp is higher and much more intrusive because it is government run (not government paid). We don't have the same health insurance rates, but we have to pay for it (income tax).

We compete with unlicenced operators, probably not as many.

You should do some research before you start blowing smoke out your ass.
Sorry to offend you. My point is that he should not take starting pay in Canada and expect the same in the US.

Latest posts

Back