WT194 on 026 PRO, it fits!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bchannell

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a nearly pristine late model 026PRO, which came with the WT403A carb and single hole muffler. I did a lot of searching on here about carb fit, and there certainly are a lot of carbs, even with both adjusting screws that will fit, but there seemed to be some confusion about how clean an install it would be with the screws lining up with the saw body holes and dust getting in without the grommet. My saw is one that has only two holes for the H and L screws, not the three hold version. Well, just so there's no confusion, the black, two hole, grommet from any of the fully adjustable carbs will fit on the WT194, and of course the idle screw grommet will fit also, making a perfect fit, with no gaps for dust to get in, and screws that line up perfectly with the holes in the body. It is a perfect fit all around. The intellicarb fitting from your old carb will fit just fine on the WT194 also, so it's a complete replacement.
I just thought I'd pass along that this is what I've done to mine. Now I can go ahead and do a mm and open up the saw a bit, so it will breathe better. It appears that the WT403 is simply the EPA choked version of a WT194 sans intellicarb.
I plan on doing only a moderate mm, adding a couple of 3/8" holes and checking and opening up the stock hole to match. Anyone have any suggestions about how far to go on this. From what I've read, the best mod is to drill three total 7/16 holes, opening up the stock hole as one of the three. Is this a good idea or should I start small and work up??? I'm not after the absolute best saw I can make it, just a good improvement over stock, so I don't want to go too far with my mod.

As far as you make that thing open up only makes a little more power and a LOT more noise!
If you want to make that saw run GOOD you have to up the compression and port it.

I had an early 026 and the outlet was already larger.

Here's what I did to my MS260 Pro, along with the wt-194...
image.jpg

I had an early 026 and the outlet was already larger.

Here's what I did to my MS260 Pro, along with the wt-194...
View attachment 362680

I've been reading up of mm's and there was a post somewhere about how a flow bench showed that smaller holes with the same area did a better job than one huge hole. Anyone have any opinions on that?

I've been reading up of mm's and there was a post somewhere about how a flow bench showed that smaller holes with the same area did a better job than one huge hole. Anyone have any opinions on that?

I got my saw from DieselShawn months back and he modified the muffler before I got it. Saw runs well, no complaints thus far. Well except no wood to cut!
10511152_1549634778597718_3176463659984076710_n.jpg

photo.php

The front cover on the left is stock while the one on the right Shawn did. It is pretty much opened up just fine. The holes are tapered at such an angle to create a vortex of sorts that causes the exhaust gasses to be pressurize and cause a effect much like a Cutts compensator to help stabilize the escaping gasses. I just think it sounds cool.

That is exactly the mm I had in mind. I'll probably be doing it this evening, and give it a go in so.

That is exactly the mod I had in mind.

The way to get max flow through that muf is to completely take out the raised section that you people are poking holes in. Then you have to open the outlet, the outside part, which is a tad bit more difficult.

Latest posts

Back