• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Stihl 028 parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacknblue72

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking for a few things for my saws (028 WB and AV). Figure I would check here before ebay.

I need:
-oil pump
-worm gear for oil pump
-2 electronic ignitions to update the current ignition system (can be from another model saw but must be ready to drop in)
-plastic flywheel/pull rope cover
-028 AV chain tensioning assembly (to update the WB)
-chain brake assembly for the WB
-sprocket

And possibly a carburetor (if it's brand new)

If you have any of this, let me know price, details etc. Thanks for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you change your mind about having to have a brand new carburetor, let me know. I have two or three of those lying around.

If you change your mind about having to have a brand new carburetor, let me know. I have two or three of those lying around.

I would consider a used one, depending on the price. But I actually may not need a carb after all...that is pending for me right now. But I will definitely let you know.

Yeah that's what I figured. I just can't tell whether or not my carb is good to go. Maybe I should get a spare just in case, lol.

let me know if I can help

If anybody has the chain tensioner, chain brake I still need those. Probably will get the rest from sawsalvage. I also need a sprocket for the 028 AV if anyone has one.

Thank you for taking the time.

I can have your order out tomorrow afternoon if you have it placed before 3pm.

Do you have a coil that I can use to convert from points to electronic? I see you have one listed for a 028 among a bunch of other models, but don't know if it is what I am looking for.

The electronic coil replaces the points and original coil. Those chips just replace the points sending a fire signal to the original coil. I'd just put the electronic coil on it and forget about it if it were mine.

Done deal. I'll go with the electronic coil, why not simplify things?

Yes. Thats the one you need to use.

You can just remove the points wire and hook that coil up.

I've done it before, works great!

Order placed, thanks a lot! Now all I need still is a sprocket and chain tension conversion "kit".

Back