• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Stihl 028 parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you!

I do my best to be prompt in getting things shipped. Usually same or next day for sure.

Got the parts a couple days ago Duke - perfect! Exactly what I needed. I put the oil pump and new worm gear in yesterday, plenty of oil coming out now. I am one happy saw owner.

I also went about putting the new coil on yesterday as well. That took a little longer, by my own fault. I just HAD to take the points and condenser off....the two wires sticking out were bugging me, lol. So in the process, I accidentally dinged the flywheel stud threads with a hammer. Spent about an hour fixing the threads, So I just called it a night. Will finish the job tonight.

Thanks again Duke, stellar service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another thing though...do you know the process of "gapping" the new coil? Or what I should set the gap to on this saw? I have never replaced a coil on one, and I just realized the holes are elongated so I cant just tighten it down anywhere I want.

Good deal, I'll give it a try. I had a feeling Duke wasn't your real name - I have made that mistake more than once, lol. Thanks again Chris, good doing business with ya.

Back