• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy WTB/WTT Stihl 024 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mels

St. Peter's Lodge #21 New Milford, CT
Reaction score
Don't need one, but CAD forces me to ask anyway...
Looking for a sweetheart of an 024 Super.

Thanks man, sent them an email asking for pics. Is it close enough to you for a check it out?

Thanks man, I appreciate that!
Rec'd 5 pics, saw looks pretty beat. Handle is taped up (electric tape) and the plastics are pretty faded.
Price seems a bit high for its' condition cosmetically, but I asked for a compression reading to get a clue as to whats going on inside.
Just now heard back from the seller, says no on the compression test but says the saw "runs good"...
Thinking maybe I'll hold out and see if something else pops up

As far as I know, Warpig6 has an 024 listed that is in very nice shape. Don't think it's a Super but it has the side chain tensioner on it.

I can sympathize, now have an 024S to go with it's little brother. A strangely satisfying situation.

What do you have for trades? I'll get you some pics late tonight when I get home from work.

I was thinking of an 028 that's just had seals replaced, carb kit and impulse & fuel lines replaced.

For the right 024 Super I'd include an 015L with it's original carry case. Ran when I received it from another member here a couple years ago, I never did anything with it other than put it up on the shelf so I can't really verify its' run condition.
Maybe one of these days when all my fires are put out and I have a few hours to breathe, maybe I'll actually be able to get to these fun things that've been waiting patiently...

Hell, Summer's nearly over, I hardly done any riding at all and now we're fast approaching heating season so I'm going to be slammed with cleanings and service sooner than I'm ready for.

Preaching to the choir, I know, most all of us are busier than we really want aren't we? Where the heck does the time go anyway?!

Mel's I was bored today so I ran down to my stihl dealer and searched the shop shelves and floor but all I seen was standard 024s. I'll keep my eye out for you

Lol, thats a heckuva way to take care of boredom ain't it? Thanks for keeping me in mind, I appreciate it!

I've got all the pieces to put together a good 024super including some very nice shinny covers and new felt air filter...

Back