WTS: Stihl MS660 magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So who collects the money ..Who makes sure its not rigged..There are alot of Questions not answered here..Party doing raffle needs to check state laws regarding raffles..

Is this site responsible for any problems that might or could happen..

raffle

I'm with Carvin. I'll take four. As long as one of the moderators or Sponsors collected the $ I have no issue. Remember, the real idea here is to collect $1500 in the raffle and Nicholas get's it ALL!!

My 2 cents.

In most states you have to pay taxes both as the winner and raffle holder/benefactor.

You would prob clear enough to make it work though.

Put me in for 2;)

04ultra said:
So who collects the money ..Who makes sure its not rigged..There are alot of Questions not answered here..Party doing raffle needs to check state laws regarding raffles..

All good points, I must add......... I would suggest Ekka sa the drawer, he is impecable with the video camera, and most likely would not want in on it, due to shipping cost? Perhaps Trimmed or DDM with the money? No real vested interest? Even Dean for that matter, he is set up with paypal and probaby has no need for another saw right now? Buyer pays actual shipping. I am just trying to help a brother in need!!! Ya'all come through for me on my numorous rants, it would be nice to help someone else out as best I can!!!! I am still to compasionet I guess? What say you all, GAME ON?
Andy

sawinredneck said:
All good points, I must add......... I would suggest Ekka sa the drawer, he is impecable with the video camera, and most likely would not want in on it, due to shipping cost? Perhaps Trimmed or DDM with the money? No real vested interest? Even Dean for that matter, he is set up with paypal and probaby has no need for another saw right now? Buyer pays actual shipping. I am just trying to help a brother in need!!! Ya'all come through for me on my numorous rants, it would be nice to help someone else out as best I can!!!! I am still to compasionet I guess? What say you all, GAME ON?
Andy

Dean would work, again, there is a chance it would sell before it were set up?

Fun idea!

While I can think of nothing better than helping a brother out, and having a bit of fun in the process, I side with those who say sell it on ebay. He will get his money much faster, which is the whole point.

I see about 20 guys jumping in, at $20 each, still only $400, then 3 months later, still not enough interest to draw, and the man is still waiting to sell a saw to pay some bills.

And, thats not looking at the administrative and legal side. This is much more public than the local country store selling punch outs for a new shotgun.

I personally think the admin side of it would most likely end up causing the most trouble, and ultimately, hard feelings.

And one last thing is what about next time? Most remember the troubles we went through with growing pains when the trading post was first opened.

In all, I think this a sitation best avoided on site, but I'm just a moderator. the final desision would, of course, rest with Darin.
-Ralph

Thank you for the input Ralph, again, the voice of reason:clap: I belive you are correct, evilbay is his freind unless someone here jumps up quick like? But it was a nice thought anyway:cheers: And yes, the logistics of it would be a nighmare without prior arangements!
Andy

Guys the raffle is a great idea and all. But, I don't want to get wrapped up in all the legalities of a raffle. I am in great need of $$$$ to pay some bills off. The saw is not doing me any good sitting on the shelf collecting dust. If anyone is seriously interested in my saw, accesories, and spare parts please pm me. I'll try my best to work out a deal.

Thanks everyone,

Nick Gajewski

04ultra said:
So who collects the money ..

You rang? Just send it to me, I'll take full responsibility :laugh:

Latest posts

Back