X27 amazed me again!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of this red oak was split with an X27 and X25 in the beginning of august. . I used the X27 while my son and wife used the X25. There are was probably 30 or so hard to split pieces that I have behind the pile that I'll noodle. I give all of them 3 hits and if I'm not making any progress I toss them in the cull pile.

View attachment 257973

Last year I did a 13 cord load of birch and had about the same number of culls (30 or so). I ordered another 12 cord load of birch a few weeks back and it is finally going to be here next week so the fiskars' will get another workout shortly.

You guys are lucky.

we have mostly american elm and ash.

Wood Slaves!

All of this red oak was split with an X27 and X25 in the beginning of august. . I used the X27 while my son and wife used the X25. There are was probably 30 or so hard to split pieces that I have behind the pile that I'll noodle. I give all of them 3 hits and if I'm not making any progress I toss them in the cull pile.

View attachment 257973

Last year I did a 13 cord load of birch and had about the same number of culls (30 or so). I ordered another 12 cord load of birch a few weeks back and it is finally going to be here next week so the fiskars' will get another workout shortly.

"Can we *please* have some lunch now, Dad"???

I drank the Kool Aid and I bought one as well after reading up on them. I do have to admit that it's one of the things that I've bought that did truly do as I'd hoped it would. I was even splitting some nasty old apple with it when I couldn't pop them with the 8lb maul the other night. It's not a magic axe by any means, but it certainly out performs what you'd expect from a splitting axe of it's weight. I'll be getting my Dad one as soon as the excuse presents itself to do so.

I'm looking forward to using my X27 and it should be here any day. Have a lot to split once I get it all to the house, but I don't think I'll be losing my maul and wedge any time soon unless the Fiskars can replicate something like this.

splitknot.jpg

I usually don't go out of my way to try to rip apart stuff like that, but I was feeling headstrong and just wanted to see if I could. :D

( Next time I'll go to the trouble of refilling the saw )

Latest posts

Back