XTC Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickfromWI

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Yale has released a new version of XTC climbing line. It's called Fire:angry:

attachment.php

Thought summayall might be interested.

love
nick

Last edited:
????it! Last time I did jpgs, a bunch of people pointed out that many would prefer bmps!!!

what gives?

love
nick

It's the same as the spearmint or cinnamon XTC rope that they make, just super hi-vis. I have a piece with an eye spliced on one end that I've had for several months now that I used for my lanyard. Good stuff, reacts well with many friction hitches.

As far as samples...I don't know which suppliers have Fire just yet. You might want to call around. If there are any retailer that have Fire, they maybe could chime in, or better yet, maybe a post from a rep from Yale might be appropriate here. :p

I like it for a lanyard because it's so bright, it stands out from my climbing line.

love
nick

I think we have Fire, though probably not for sale yet. Tobe had me make room in the ropes section for some Yale XTC, and I saw our purchasing agent carrying around a new piece of rope, but I wasn't wearing sunglasses, so I couldn't look directly at it. :)

If it isn't fire, than it's dang close. Bright!:cool:

Last edited:
After posting this thread, I've gotten several emails regarding how one might obtain El Fuego! Yale has made about 20,000' feet and somebody better call Smokey the Bear 'cause this stuff is spreading like crazy! :p

Call Aerial Equipment in Wheeling, IL ask Michelle to connect you to Mark, John, or Todd, in Arborist Supplies. Their number is 1-888-822-8008.

Call Cathy or Linda at Fresco Arborist Supply in Minnesota. Their number is (763) 559-7071.

Sierra Moreno also stocks Yale ropes, so you can check there, too.

Now keep this in mind. NONE of these stores have the rope in stock yet. Yale JUST made the stuff and is JUST processing the orders.

If you call any of these places, they can order the rope from you, and Yale will "drop ship" the rope, meaning instead of sending it to Aerial and then sending it to you, Aerial can have Yale send it directly to you.

Also if you want an eye splice (they do what they call Machine Assisted Splice), it'll take a little while longer for you to get your rope.

That's what I found out with a few phone calls. Let me know if there are any other questions and I'll get on the horn and see what else I can find out.

love
nick

Last edited:
Why the concern with sponsors?

Ford nor Chevy sponsor. Did I miss something or did any of the saw makers pay?

Why can't there be a discussion about tools that aren't sold by a sponsor?

This can be tricky, I know. Using a sponsored forum to solicit work or sales can be seen as bad netiquitte.

Tom

Originally posted by John Paul SanbornDoes Sherrill carry Yale products?

We will be carrying Yale ropes once again in our upcoming catalog. They will be producing some ropes exclusive to Sherrill.

Originally posted by Tom Dunlap
Why the concern with sponsors?

I am surprised to hear you ask that, Tom. In addition to your online prowess, you co-run your own message board, so I would think you could understand someone's concern regarding sponsors' feelings.

-----------------------------------

Ford nor Chevy sponsor. Did I miss something or did any of the saw makers pay?

Beats me.

-----------------------------------

Why can't there be a discussion about tools that aren't sold by a sponsor?This can be tricky, I know. Using a sponsored forum to solicit work or sales can be seen as bad netiquitte.

There can. Who ever said there couldn't? I can't speak for Okie (another sponsor), but I don't mind discussion about tools, or even availability from competitors. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to see everyone yacking away about Sherrill, but that is not realistic, or expected.

Everyone is free to say whatever they want about products, competitors or whatever. Where I draw the line would be if a store started posting about their gear, their sales, or whatever, without supporting this site by sponsoring it.

I have remained open and available online, for everyone to share their comments, good or bad. I have never deleted a complaint lodged in our forum, and have tried my best to take care of every issue raised.

Relative to this thread and Nick's post, there is nothing wrong with it. Honestly, it is a little bit of a pinch, seeing his list, but I can take it, nothing wrong with it, there's plenty of business to go around. It also doesn't really bother me because I know Nick, and know he is not a "plant", he is just a rope nut.

I appreciate the support that people give me and Sherrill. We are proud to be a sponsor of arboristsite.com. My post also applies to your site Tom, where we are also a proud sponsor.

-Sean Larkin

Sean,

Its going to be hard to comment because of all the hats I wear.

I'll put my oldest had no first. As an arbo who has been active on the forums for a long time I like to be able to read about new tools and techniques. Let's keep the feeling of independence and free-thinking alive. There are guidelines that the forum owners setup for everyone. Rules of the road. It becomes my choice if I follow those rules or go elsewhere.

As a co-owner of a website I do understand the value of sponsorship. The house could be built on our own but it would be hard to furnish it without sponsors.

I never thought that there was a written or unwritten rule about talking about gear from a non-sponsor. Of course, there are abusive and supportive ways to bring sponsors name into the conversation. I cringe every time I see someone doing laundry in public instead of talking to a manufacturer or vendor.

My intention was to get some idea of what others were thinking. Don't get me wrong, Sherrill has had a huge part of making the industry what it is today. The humanness and accessibility of everyone in the organization has set a high mark for the rest of the industry. But there are always going to be things that aren't sold by Sherrill that deserve a time in the public eye. It would be a shame if any sponsor would be able to stop the dialog. And let me add, I would never think this would happen from Sherrill.

Tom

Tom,
Your post seems to be in agreement with mine. I am wondering if your concern is because of actual past circumstances, or because you believe there could be interference.
-Sean

No, I've never experienced any editorial muscle flexing by any sponsors either here or at TB.

I just get a chuckle out of the way people step up to defend Sherrill. Its almost as if someone's "honor" or integrity were being attacked :)

Tom

As long as Sherrill continues to put out such an awesome catalog and provide excellent service, they have little to worry about from the "competition"... There's enough pie for everyone and they have reached a level where the only true competition is themselves... Just like any arborist in business for 20+ years... How great we want to be is up to us... Ya...we'll lose a couple of jobs here and there, but that has little impact on how we perform....

Latest posts

Back