ya ever throw your saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

could you-would you-have you-thrown your saw?

• Total voters
Thats how you feel about it cause its not your lively-hood, some days you just feel like every stick, every piece of equiptment, EVERYTHING is against you, nothing goes right.

Last time I threw a saw was because it cut my hand trying to get it in the cab of a skidder. The belly pan came off the skidder and it puked oil everywhere leaving me in the woods with a straight line skidder. Broke a choker towing it back. It was a friday that was supposed to be a half day kind of thing, instead it was an all day thing and the added bonus of being covered in oil and dirt.
Those atr the days that make you throw ****.
but me I prefer to abuse my hat. . .

yup, or it's nothing and it's everything. 90 feels like a hundred, a twig threw your chain and dinged the drivers, again. you set down your gloves and they are gone, brambles to the left, brambles to the right. you want to produce and the little **** just got big. writing it can't put you there, but I know where it is.

Thats how you feel about it cause its not your lively-hood, some days you just feel like every stick, every piece of equiptment, EVERYTHING is against you, nothing goes right.

That has nothing to do with it. I don't get mad at my computer and throw the monitor or smash the keyboard, just because I can't get a class to compile or can't get a program to run. That's just a complete lack of self control. In no way am I suggesting I always excercise perfect self control, but throwing or tearing up stuff is pretty rediculous IMHO.

That has nothing to do with it. I don't get mad at my computer and throw the monitor or smash the keyboard, just because I can't get a class to compile or can't get a program to run. That's just a complete lack of self control. In no way am I suggesting I always excercise perfect self control, but throwing or tearing up stuff is pretty rediculous IMHO.

I don't think I'm proud that I do, but no call to be proud you don't. I'd just say you haven't yet.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qfFcwSJh9CM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qfFcwSJh9CM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

a complete lack of self control. In no way am I suggesting I always excercise perfect self control, but throwing or tearing up stuff is pretty rediculous IMHO.

Some of us don't deal with frustration well. It can be like flipping a switch some times. I haven't thrown much in a while, but I try to do a bit of shooting these days and that really helps a guy unwind...

I'm 42. I'm not trying to come across proud here. I'm just saying there are much better ways to deal with anger than further complicating your problems.

I'm 49. Yeah it might be absurd, I'll grant that. And what you say sure sounds nice, I might try it. The other possibility is that I am dealing with my frustrations quite graciously already, and tossing a saw is damned poetic.

Sorry if I implied you were acting proud.

Almost chucked my Stihl FS40 a week or so ago when the recoil broke. Actually it would have been the second time it was chucked, the first time was when it would not start........... and the wife and I were arguing.

I'm 42. I'm not trying to come across proud here. I'm just saying there are much better ways to deal with anger than further complicating your problems.

That is true.
Part of the problem is the release of adrenalin that needs to be burned up with aerobic activity.

Smashing the living crap out of the saw with the axe, would be much more effective at achieving the desired reduction of stress.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Almost chucked my Stihl FS40 a week or so ago when the recoil broke. Actually it would have been the second time it was chucked, the first time was when it would not start........... and the wife and I were arguing.

THAT right there is a key ingredient. :poke:

Last edited:
I had a makita 34cc top handle that was apparently afraid of heights. I was working on a pole barn and needed to trim the top of the wall poles off. I would start the saw on the ground, make sure it was running ok, then climb up onto the roof. Crank and crank and crank, and it would not start. Climb down, check everything over, crank a couple times and it would run. Back up, nothing, back down, good. After about the 6th time of that, I gave er a good fling from the roof. Got down and went and got another saw, and worked perfect the 1st time. That top handle is still sitting on my shelf in the barage, waiting for some day when I feel like finding parts. Then I am selling it to the first sucker that comes along!

Some days it just feels better to give the object of your grief a good shove. Just make sure its not your boss when the time comes.

I've never thrown any saws. I 'have', though, demolished several with profanity. :)

Latest posts

Back