YakTrax

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
This could be thought of as firewood gathering equipment since they might prevent you from slipping while cutting.

Anyway, I picked up a set of the Yaktrax Pro this evening and went for a walk on the frozen snow and ice outside. They certainly live up to the hype. I was running up and down the ice with no worries of slipping.

Anyone else use them?

s7_831137_999_01

shoes with chains Best Quality
CASE HARDENED
WELDED LINKS

fits shoe sizes 3 - 7
ball of foot coverage
$7.99/per pair
originally $15.99
no warranty it stays like this long i will need a set of them

Great for Ice. I have a couple pair, and they make walking up the hill from the barn survivable when things ice over.
Just be carefull out in the woods though.

They tend to snag on buried sticks, but the snow cushions the resulting face plant. Not really hazzardous unless somebody sees it.:hmm3grin2orange:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I have several, the keys to making them last is taking them on and off carefully, don't walk on bare concrete etc and hose them off when not in use. If you tend to scuff your feet when walking, they do not last.

They had a pair of those and a similar Yaktrax 'extreme' where I got these but I didn't think the conditions we get here really warranted them.

Ian

xtr.gif

Last edited:
I had some, back when I lived up nort in Wisconsin, you know. Dey worked OK. Sometimes dey fell off because I yust had da kind yu slip ober da shoes, no velcro.

Remember, like calks, take dem off before yu go inside stores and houses and such.

Ve don get much ice here aldo it is snowing dis morning. Yah.

I had some, back when I lived up nort in Wisconsin, you know. Dey worked OK. Sometimes dey fell off because I yust had da kind yu slip ober da shoes, no velcro.

Remember, like calks, take dem off before yu go inside stores and houses and such.

Nice slowp , your Wisconsin is still pretty good:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

Nice slowp , your Wisconsin is still pretty good:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

Yupper accent? :)

Shari

I have a set of the Yak Trax Pro's that I use for running. Did about 9 miles with them in the snow on Thursday night, a combination of trails and uncleared streets. However, they provide no traction on tile or concrete floors!

Yup, got a set for ice fishing. I've only used them once on solid ground, after an ice storm. "Normally" it's not that slick out in the woods, and wood chips/sawdust takes care of traction at the processing site.

They do make the race to the tip up less comedic, and they haven't done any damage to the plywood floor in the ice shack. Don't think I'd wear em in the house though!

It's nearly time to pull the old shack out there again. 10" of clear blue ice this morning, should be ready for the truck by Christmas.

Yaktrax are outstanding!!! Their Pro's were updated last year and have much stronger elastic and straps to handle more wear. I couldn't get through winter without them and would recommend them to everyone! Just be careful to wear them in the proper conditions, i.e. snow and ice- walking too much on hard, uncleared surfaces may damage them!

Back