yale lowering line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveBullman

User Formerly known as stephenbullman
Reaction score
a local store has some yale lowering line in. only thing is he didn't have any details other than it was a yale xtc 16mm.
its a white rope with yellow flecks, couldn't see it online.
is anyone familiar with this line? it seemed to have a bit of stretch so im not sure how suitable it will be, looking for feedback
thanks

by the way welcome big A
is that A for arse??

Originally posted by stephenbullman
a local store has some yale lowering line in. only thing is he didn't have any details other than it was a yale xtc 16mm.
its a white rope with yellow flecks, couldn't see it online.
is anyone familiar with this line? it seemed to have a bit of stretch so im not sure how suitable it will be, looking for feedback
thanks

by the way welcome big A
is that A for arse??
[/QUOTE

no BS i have got some, bought it from A&F warehouse..we have used it a few times and it does have a little stretch though nothing worth worrying about paid something like £2.20 a meter maybe less breaking strain i think is 4.5 ton..all in all not a bad
rope... ah ha just checked the invoice its called xtc12 5/8 [16 mill] bull rope..i bought 42 meters at £1.56 m ...4445.28 kg breaking strain or swl what have ya..i use it with a 16 mill blue swing cheek pully and porta wrap

you're the second person to say that rolla yet when i went to check there was only 5 messages in there
they're deleted now though so try again
cheers

If you're talking about your PM box here, check for copies of sent messages in the other container.

sounds like the same rope we use.doesn't stretch much and works well in our pulleysand porti.
we haven't managed to break it either(yet).

I've currently got some Yale Double-Esterlon in service and like it just fine.

I was under the impression that the jacket and core of this rope (as well for Stable-Braid) carried the load equally and for that reason it's not a good idea to allow too much friction at a redirect.  I think I got that idea from either the Yale or Samson website...

Glen

Don't forget the Double-Esterlon has a maxi-jacket urethane coating that adds a bit of UV protection and keeps grime out of the core.

love
nick

Back