Yale Triple XXX Braid!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John the rope isn't really looser than a normal rope. The stretchness isn't noticable at the amount that you could put on it by pulling on it. It really feels a lot like 3 strand when it's running through your hands. I got to use it a couple times on a big bollard and it is not extremely abnormal. It's not anything that would take a lot of getting used to.

Stretch curve? I didn't get to see any paperwork on it, but I have a guess about how it looks. I bet it's a long slow increase (like 3 strand)...until it hits the PBO/Xylon. Then it might take a quick jump straight up like you'd see with vectran. This is only a guess though.

love
nick

This is just a side note because it won't really benefit the tree guys, but it's also (let me see if I can spell it) phosflourescent. It glows in the dark. And it is sooooo lightweight that they will be marketting it as a throwline, too. And it's scratch and sniff. As it rubs on the bark of the tree, it smells like pretty girls. And in a pinch, you can melt it down and use it as bar-oil. And it makes a good neck tie. And, and, and.....you can eat it. It's edible. And.............

attachment.php

love
nick

ps- thank you to the two of you that helped get this product off that ground!!!!:p

I don't see the problem with stretch in a rigging line...
Of course it won't be good when you need clearance for a roof or are working spyder's low angle pocket pressure rig, but how often is that a concern, compared to how often we take smaller pieces because we don't want to damage our lines.. Being able to take 2 and 3 x more weight with every cut can make a huge difference... Or how about preloading with the GRCS to 1800 lbs with no worries about the rope....
I AM excited...

Latest posts

Back