Ya'll be carefull out there!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterBlaster

TreeHouse Elder
Reaction score
I got bit friday by my 200. As far as bites go, it was just a casual kiss. But it left it's mark, and it coulda been a lot worse!

It just goes to show ya! Anytime! Anywhere! Never drop yur guard, eh?

Ouch! You be careful there MB, to close to Christmas time to get hurt. Glad it was only a scratch, focus on the job and not all those cool toys Santa might be bringing you. :)

im hearing ya,i got a little complacent the other day and had a 5' long 2' wide peice miss me by inches from 20' trying to rush again,would have been all over for sure :alien:

Just to keep in mind, Both yours and Xander's injuries could have been prevented 100% by keeping both hands on the saw.......... my .02

Thanks Alan. I never thought of that.......have you tried that while climbing? With every cut? I guess you must be a better climber than me. :rolleyes:

I have one handed many a saw, but in the last 3 years I have not. It dosen't make me a better climber than you, by any stretch of the imagination, since I ain't all that great. It does require some major adjustment in your style of climbing and working a tree, but it is possible.

Hey, ya'll don't be giving Alan no grief. He has a valid point. One-handing is an outlaw technique, to say the frigging least.

To one hand as a routine practice or even a good percentage of the time is asking for an injury. I do try and two hand the saw when practical. My left wrist is fused so there are a lot of positions where I cannot put my left hand on the saw in the way most climbers can. My injury was caused in one of these positions. What aggrevates me is that I could have repositioned or used my hand saw. I really enjoy climbing but there are certain positions or cuts that I cannot safely two hand on. I don't like the alternative of not climbing or sending someone else up........I not a very good quitter.

Tod and Butch, The Willie and Waylon of arboriculture.

Okay guys-lets see you fight about who is who. Willie is ugly and since Waylon is dead he ain't lookin' too good his ownself.

Glen,
While true.....to some extent.....must you always come across so smart......I'm just a simple arborist. My vocabulary is limited to mostly one and two syllable words.

Stumper said:
Tod and Butch, The Willie and Waylon of arboriculture.

Okay guys-lets see you fight about who is who. Willie is ugly and since Waylon is dead he ain't lookin' too good his ownself.

This is tough......we both have hair.....and we're not fat......and our left hands have scabs......

whats the expression....."familiarity breeds contempt"....
Its not too funny that the people you read about getting bit by saws are old timers and total newcomers. Is it because of too much experence or not enough?

I think a lot of new users get cut due to lack of experience. For the experienced there can be many causes. Getting too comfortable or loss of strength and flexibility can be causes. More often than not I think it is a law of averages. The more you run a chainsaw the greater your chances are to get injured by one just by your increased exposure. I see a lot more serious injuries with new or inexperienced users than the seasoned pro.

MasterBlaster said:
Hey, ya'll don't be giving Alan no grief. He has a valid point. One-handing is an outlaw technique, to say the frigging least.

Words of wisdom, from the Banned Master. :blob2:

Back