Yamabond

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boda65

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
While using the search feature, I see many of you recommending Yamabond sealant. I searched online for it and see that there are many varieties of it. Yamabond 4 motorsports, Yamabond 5, 6B, 7 and 14:confused:. By reading the description, I've eliminated the Yamabond 7 and 14.

Which one do you use for cases, jugs, gas tanks, etc? 4,5, or 6B? :bang: Thanks for your patient guidance. :yourock:

Do you mean ThreeBond 1194? Also check out Dirko HT and Permatex Ultimate Grey Motoseal.

So have you used the Permatex Motoseal much? What do you think of it? I just bought a tube a couple days ago since it looked good (providing it lives up to its packaging!) and wasn't terribly expensive. I haven't had to use it on anything yet though.

What about Permatex #2. I haven't tried it yet but was told it holds up good too. Has anyone used it for crankcases?

Last edited:
I like Honda's so this is what I use. Same stuff and Threebond 1194 and Yamabond 4 from what I can tell. Works well! :cheers:
You can find it at Honda motorcycle dealers and most Honda car dealer parts depts. will have it also...usually around $7-10 dollars per tube.

DSCN0952.jpg

What about Permatex #2. I haven't tried it yet but was told it holds up good too. Has anyone used it for crankcases?

I used it on a YZ125 years ago (1978), (air cooled) and it held great. The bad part is when the head had to come back off to put rings in I had to use a big pry bar to remove it. I wouldn't mind using #2 or "Indian Head Shelliac" to put cases back together, but for the cylinder it would hold, is gas resistant, and sets like concrete, not for me.

I've got some Yamabond 5, do you all recommend not using this as a crankcase sealant for saws?

Latest posts

Back