Yamaha YT3600

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdt7618

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Just bought a new home, this Yamaha YT3600 and a MTD hn 7160 sitting in the garage, any thoughts if they are any good. both need minor repairs/new batteries, but can't grumble for the money paid. from what I can find the YT is a work horse, but as normal there is a wealth of info here and would love to hear your thoughts.

Steven

Attachments

• YT 3600.JPG
    YT 3600.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 98
Well the first thoughts are the Yamaha , which has no collector will become the trailer puller and the MDT will be the lawn cutter. Sounds like the Yamaha isn't all that common, even on tractor forums etc there ain't much info!

Yamaha tractors might be more popular in the UK but they are uncommon in the US.

Theres lots of those Yamaha's in our area. We had a dealer in our area who was like a clearing house for slow moving Yamaha models of all sorts. He would sell NOS leftovers for real good prices. You see a lot of those still mowing grass and they have got to be over 20 years old. My guess though would be parts will be listed as NLA. I've never really looked at one of those. Is it an actual Yamaha motor in them, or is it a Briggs or Kohler.

Latest posts

Back