Yard Sale Find.... 020 T Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodyBlue

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Found this potential gem for a GREAT price. Started getting into her and have a few question.

First, the Carb and it's adjustments and factory defaults. FSM shows three adjustments, High Low and Low Idle, I think they are. This saw only has 3 as shown in the pics. Did somebody switch out the carb?
Saw starts, but will not idle. Already think I need a new fuel line and bar and chain. Once i get the fuel line in, what are my factory default adjustments/setting for this carb?

thanks in advance.
IMG_5943_zpszguyp4pd.jpg

IMG_5944_zpsm4ipmzec.jpg

IMG_5945_zpsnkpxcb0l.jpg

The little circle arrow with the "1" in the middle indicates that the initial L screw setting is one turn out from lightly seated. Stihl does that on a lot of their saws.

Fuel line should fix it if the piston is in good shape, nice score! Carb looks original, I’d start with the low mixture screw out 1 turn and the idle screw backed out til the throttle plate stops moving the 1 full turn clockwise to start. What did you pay for it?
$65.00 on a yard sale table with the bar and chain off of it. I think the oil cap and fuel cap are not sealing well so I just got some new ones. Local dealer has no fuel lines. Bailey's sell good stuff? I know that they are not authorized dealers but can I trust the parts and the carb re-build kit from there?

Holding about 140+- psi compression. Not new but pretty good. Oil pump seams to be working and not clogged. need a little TLC and I thinks she will be a fine addition to my Stihl family.

MS 250 (Dealer going out of biz, got it for a freakin song) MS290 Farm Boss, MS 360 and a 660 Mag. Need to work on the 360 and the 660, but both run great and the 660 is a wood eating SOB.

The IPL lists 3 different carbs, if I am reading it correctly, Anybody help me out as to which one I have for a rebuild kit, or would it just be better to get a whole new unit? Also on the Oiler Adjustment, am I reading the figure correctly and it should be in the center of the adjustment span? seams to over deliver oil. Better than none at all, but I think it is set a bit high.

Same yard sale had a "Husky in a Box" but I passed on that one, looked to me to be atlas 3 different saws in that box, LOL. Franken Husky

Latest posts

Back