Yarding Down the Hill With a Madill (rhymes,eh?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They finished up today. I missed the steep corridor due to having to calculate volumes for logs all day yesterday--:censored: office work. One of the crew, and I think it was the shovel operator, tried to recreate the Axemen thing of swinging on a guyline, he hopped off the cutbank, tripped, and got drug a bit on his belly. Took him a few seconds to get up and meanwhile, everyone was laughing pretty hard. I'll see them back next summer.

attachment.php

attachment.php

look like much more danger than regular up hill yarding. why do they do down hill yarding is there no were on top of the mountain to cut a landing? and it is killing me who do you work for?:chainsaw:

look like much more danger than regular up hill yarding. why do they do down hill yarding is there no were on top of the mountain to cut a landing? and it is killing me who do you work for?:chainsaw:

The choices right now are downhill, helicopter, or stay out. No road building allowed to get a yarder up to the top.

I am a forester and work for you....:)

The choices right now for steep ground, are downhill, helicopter, or stay out. No road building allowed to get a yarder up to the top.

I am a forester and work for you....:)

I am recommending you for a raise. :clap:

Thanks for your posts. I find them very informative and enjoyable.

We got a 3% raise but then the health insurance co-payment went up 13% so it all works out. I'm not whining. Not now. I usually like my job when there's lots going on. I pester loggers with questions and that's how I learn.
They'll usually explain things, sometimes with eyes rolling. Then pester me with questions, like (about Spotted Owl restrictions) "How come THEY get to log during March-July and WE can't? THEY are just on the other side of the road." Owl circles on maps are very hard to explain. :confused:

Latest posts

Back