Yes...this is an oil thread....sythetic advice needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of these guys would eat a turd sandwich if it said "Stihl" on it. Then they would argue about it for days saying it was the best ever.

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Yep Amsoil at 80-1 works for me.
Love the stuff. No pluged exhaust
and no fowled plugs. I sell it to a few
land scape companies and they mix it
at 80-1 and have never seized a motor
and get great life.
I mix it a little heavier for my collector saws
that don't get run much.

Just my thoughts
Lee

Yep Amsoil at 80-1 works for me.
Love the stuff. No pluged exhaust
and no fowled plugs. I sell it to a few
land scape companies and they mix it
at 80-1 and have never seized a motor
and get great life.
I mix it a little heavier for my collector saws
that don't get run much.

Just my thoughts
Lee

So when you fowl a plug... does the chicken get mad?

LOL... sorry... I just found it funny... :laugh:

Gary

Echo Powerblend, 50:1 is great oil, as good as Ultra, depsite what the nay-sayers will want you to beleive.

If you talk to a dealer, and told him what kinds of quantities you were looking to buy, he would likely be willing to give you a break on the cost...

It's not a FULL Synthetic, but it is JASO FD rated, that's as high as it gets.

You're crazy... :dizzy:

SILogger...Use the Stihl Ultra HP at 50:1... you been usin' Stihl dino for years... just switch to the synthetic. :)

Gary

I love the smell of Ultra in the morning...

yea...i really was thinking about it....they are definitely proud of it @ $135 for a case of 5 gallon mixes. but it sure is handy that it is already mixed.

as for Klotz...ive never seen it..but ive heard of it

yea...i really was thinking about it....they are definitely proud of it @ $135 for a case of 5 gallon mixes. but it sure is handy that it is already mixed.

By it in 5 gallon contaners... We were selling it for about $50-60 a gallon, but it was real hard to move - everyone wanted the pre-measured bottles.

I buy Opti 2 in bulk. However I also use Stihl Ultra when I am away from my mix measure. I can not tell any difference. Ultra is biodegradeable, a good selling point when you are doing low impact work. (I also only run Stihl Bio Plus bar oil, for the same reason.)

I buy Opti 2 in bulk. However I also use Stihl Ultra when I am away from my mix measure. I can not tell any difference.
Ultra is biodegradeable, a good selling point when you are doing low impact work. (I also only run Stihl Bio Plus bar oil, for the same reason.)

So is straight castor oil...:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back