Yet Another "What's On The Bench?" Thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its funny you mention this. I was thinking of asking you for some numbers.;)

Had a neighbour drop off a craftsman saw that needed tuning and a good going over and dropped that off when he said Oh I have this as well, found it in the house I bought from my granddad . Does not run, well way back when it did but would leak gas everywhere. A Husqvarna 2100 CD 24" bar and chain. Old gas in the tank and the fuel line fell apart. Drained and found 2 fuel filters inside the gas thank and the retaining chain for the gas cap. Odd because I shook it and there was no sound! Looked closer and there is a sticky sludge at the bottom of the tank. New fuel filter, cleaned up and its a runner.

10702223_1571642196396976_4390622704890601126_n.jpg

It cleaned up pretty good I will try it in some wood tomorrow and send it home.

Just so you know. Your saw is an 1100 with a 2100 recoil ;)

Are you sure? I ask because looking at the 1000 they gas and oil caps do not line up, and the air filter is different. I dunno my friend. What I do know is it needs a carb kit, choke lever, tank vent, fuel line for now to run good.

At second blush and the IPL I think you are right! the different carb, airfilter and full wrap handle were options. :D

No, not yet. The new piston is .016" shorter, so I'll run it with no gasket. Need to pick up some yamabond tomorrow. I did grind all the windows out and put the piston and new carb boot on though.
Where do you pick up the yamabond locally?

Just spent the whole day doing my "conservative" port job on my second MS461. When you don't have buckets of money, this makes a very nice jump in power!
.010" off the cylinder base to make .020" squish gap, opened the exhaust port exit side then blended the sides, removed the lip at the cylinder end of the ex port and put in a large bevel, removed the lip at the floor of the intake port and radiused the transfer port entry. Then port matched the muffler.
Now I can't do a bloody bit more cause it needs new rings. The clown I got it from must have been running it without an air filter, the intake side of the cylinder and piston skirt are severely scratched up.

Been off work the last couple days for family stuff so I went in yesterday to pickup some home work....not really my "bench" but close enough.
image.jpg

Latest posts

Back