Yet Another "What's On The Bench?" Thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are y'all working on this fine Monday?????

I've got a full bench......two MS362CMRs with the machine work done......and a 346XP that's ready to be assembled here.

View attachment 364127

Then this NOS 064 is going under the knife...

View attachment 364128

View attachment 364129

And.......it's twin brother too. :laugh:

View attachment 364130

Randy when is your 064 getting together

i almost got everything together to build mine 064 nos from parts damn theres a lot of parts

dan keeps barrowwing parts for his

A smashed or skidder modded Stihl MS660, A tree modified MS460 both from the same outfit! A Jonsered 2083 going to be a video & built with a 2077 (2083-2) top end..... A POS MS180 that runs anemic and the guy wants it to run stronger......or have me absorb it on trade for another "fugly 350 build"... not happening! Not certain what to do with that Stilh MS180....

i currently have a big old ugly 24v marine starter all apart from a big old ugly detroit jimmy on the bench. been in and out of salt water hundreds of times over the years so it is a salvage project. they are sealed really well though so i think i can rebuild it.

I've rewound and rebuild a few big starters.......it's amazing what you can do when you're broke and need to use a piece of equipment. :laugh:

i hate it. inland guys don't even know.
Actually most of the northern states know all to well. I have fixed spring mounts on truck rear end housings that were leaking oil in less than 10 years of use. Cab mounts on trucks that had to be cut off because the bolts were rusted in to the point of not being able to be driven or jacked out of the mount. Double truck frames split at the top and bottom from rust expansion. Wiring, humm everything is green dust instead of copper colored. OH the joys of salt!! CJ

The ugly truth...it's a mess :eek:! Echo trimmer, Stihl HT131 pole saw with a bent shaft (coworker dropped a branch on it and he's not even supposed to use that saw :buttkick::mad:), 026 needs at least a piston, makita 7900 project, boxes of dolmar 6400, 7300, and stihl 361 parts for upcoming/ongoing projects. Good news is the 7900 is mostly finished...just need to find a blue clutch cover :).
IMG_20140819_085216.jpg IMG_20140819_085251.jpg IMG_20140819_085301.jpg IMG_20140819_085326.jpg IMG_20140819_085336.jpg IMG_20140819_085414.jpg IMG_20140819_085426.jpg IMG_20140819_085454.jpg IMG_20140819_085528.jpg

Actually most of the northern states know all to well. I have fixed spring mounts on truck rear end housings that were leaking oil in less than 10 years of use. Cab mounts on trucks that had to be cut off because the bolts were rusted in to the point of not being able to be driven or jacked out of the mount. Double truck frames split at the top and bottom from rust expansion. Wiring, humm everything is green dust instead of copper colored. OH the joys of salt!! CJ

Have you ever lived on the east or west coast?

My truck lived in the deserts of helmet California most of it's life. It's a jewel compared to all the other same trucks around. I'd say west is way worse cause of winds bring ocean air onto the coast. A south easterly storm here is something else. Not a hurricane but pretty grosse. The inner rail of boxed framed vehicles is gone really fast if you don't take care of them and a lot of bolts may as we'll be rivets cause the head is so rotten you can't use a tool on it anyways.

IMG_8435.JPG

My Husqvarna 185CD I'm trying to get running again.

My truck lived in the deserts of helmet California most of it's life. It's a jewel compared to all the other same trucks around. I'd say west is way worse cause of winds bring ocean air onto the coast. A south easterly storm here is something else. Not a hurricane but pretty grosse. The inner rail of boxed framed vehicles is gone really fast if you don't take care of them and a lot of bolts may as we'll be rivets cause the head is so rotten you can't use a tool on it anyways.

This is all true, but I still need a cylinder head. You must have one up there , ask your friends :)

Now why go and make a trenched out mess of that perfectly good cylinder?:D:laugh::rock:

Back