You folks that drag your wood out, could you benefit from this debarker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeeVee

East Coast Champion
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
1672964118956.png

Some of yall have to drag your wood out and land it before bucking bolts or rounds, would it make sense to have a beater saw dedicate with one of these and some of that no-cutter chain from another thread? Just to cut the muddy bark off so your 500i doesnt have to dull with the bark and stones?

I have one I use sometimes with my sawmill. Need to clear off the bark on all logs regardless, so I have a homemade bark spud, and the chainsaw debarker tool. Spud is usually faster, especially if the logs hava sat a while and the bark is loose, but once in a while the debarker is needed.

View attachment 1046536

Some of yall have to drag your wood out and land it before bucking bolts or rounds, would it make sense to have a beater saw dedicate with one of these and some of that no-cutter chain from another thread? Just to cut the muddy bark off so your 500i doesnt have to dull with the bark and stones?
Can't picture this removing rocks and dirt very well, but I sometimes cut downed oak (many oaks are dying in the woods where I cut) and the underneath part is usually covered with dirt. Some sort of scraping devise would work better. I haven't found the perfect tool, has anyone else found a long handled tool that works well?

Yeah me neither, but alot of these guys dont have a skid steer or tractor, so they either do work in the woods or they drag the logs through the mud.

I carry mine with my skidder and grapple log length, but I am blessed. Just tryin to help some guys out.
What kinda skidder you got. Generally a grapple can get them to the landing without a ton of mud.

My Skidder, is not a forestry skidder, I call it a Skiddybopper on occasion, instead of a CTL. Its an ASV RC30, ansd I have a AM Millionzi 4' rootrake/grapple.

Can't picture this removing rocks and dirt very well, but I sometimes cut downed oak (many oaks are dying in the woods where I cut) and the underneath part is usually covered with dirt. Some sort of scraping devise would work better. I haven't found the perfect tool, has anyone else found a long handled tool that works well?
Try a Tile/flooring Remover, about 4" wide long straight handle,

Now that you mention it I realize that not only will that work, I already have one of them. I restore old houses, have semi-retired and have a shed full of tools like that. I had not thought about the scraper. Never used it a lot, but when you need one, you need one. Thanks for the tip!

Now that you mention it I realize that not only will that work, I already have one of them. I restore old houses, have semi-retired and have a shed full of tools like that. I had not thought about the scraper. Never used it a lot, but when you need one, you need one. Thanks for the tip!

Yes good, does it kind of have some good weight to it? Prolly not rea sharp, but I dont know if its a benefit to sharpen it, or how hard it would be to sharen it either... Prollu woundlt be good for tile if you did sharpen one? When I brough it up, I figured the debarker would be run around the log and cut, and not down the log, just to clean the cut for making a round.....

Skid the logs out winter when ground is frozen and covered in snow. :yes:

Well, sure. If I use my tractor instead of my Skidsteer, Ill be sure to do it when it snows here?

Yes good, does it kind of have some good weight to it? Prolly not rea sharp, but I dont know if its a benefit to sharpen it, or how hard it would be to sharen it either... Prollu woundlt be good for tile if you did sharpen one? When I brough it up, I figured the debarker would be run around the log and cut, and not down the log, just to clean the cut for making a round.....

Well, sure. If I use my tractor instead of my Skidsteer, Ill be sure to do it when it snows here?
Global cooling is just around the corner. Didn't you guys just get a frost down there?

Back