You guys were right.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2260 is the same as a 560. 2260 weighs 12.4 lb 562 is 13 lb

Can anyone throws these on a scale and get the dry weight to verify these numbers? I'm pretty sure the 562 numbers are pretty close, within an ounce or so, so I guess it is more the 2260 weight that I'm wondering about.

Can anyone throws these on a scale and get the dry weight to verify these numbers? I'm pretty sure the 562 numbers are pretty close, within an ounce or so, so I guess it is more the 2260 weight that I'm wondering about.
I had a 2258 on the scale awhile back. I'm on my phone so it's a pain....search performance outdoor 60cc comparison or something similar. I weighed and measured all the 60cc saws I had easy access to

Husqvarna 555 12lbs.08oz
Jonsered CS 2258 12lbs.09oz
Stihl ms 361 12lbs.13oz
Husqvarna 562 xp 12lbs.13oz
Stihl ms 036 12lbs.14oz

This is a quote from myself from when I compiled all the weights in the unofficial saw weight thread (and the weights we are talking about were taken from the performance outdoors thread!)

Man, so easy to forget all the info you see on here!

Interesting that the people using the saws are noticing the 4 oz weight difference between the 2260 and 562, I guess the K095 vs D009 must make a pretty significant difference. Just goes to show that the overall saw package is what really makes the machine.

does .6 of a pound really bother you chris? heck i can't even feel the difference between a 385 and OE 372 by the end of the day and the difference is more significant then that. i have a feeling it's all about the small mount bar for you. i personally have a ton of large mounts and like running longer bars on a 562 occasionally so large mount is what i want and wouldn't even consider the small mount versions. it's the reason why every 60cc small mount saw has been sent down the road. i do realize that back east maybe the small mounts are preferred as you don't need anything long.

does .6 of a pound really bother you chris? heck i can't even feel the difference between a 385 and OE 372 by the end of the day and the difference is more significant then that. i have a feeling it's all about the small mount bar for you. i personally have a ton of large mounts and like running longer bars on a 562 occasionally so large mount is what i want and wouldn't even consider the small mount versions. it's the reason why every 60cc small mount saw has been sent down the road. i do realize that back east maybe the small mounts are preferred as you don't need anything long.
Yes i like the small mount, and reaching out of the bucket and climbing all day is different than felling and bucking logs. 1/2 LB. does make a difference. Different job, different wood, and different needs. 75% of my day is with a 14"-16" bar on my 201T. I'm not a logger[emoji2]

I haven't had a chance to put a 562 on my scale but with that much difference between published weight and real world weight of the 2260....I'm not sure how far I trust that published weight on the 562. Add a bar and the difference goes up another couple ounces.

End of the day doing what he is doing I think the weight savings is noticeable.

Chris, looks like you did very well for your situation.

And looking at the wts of some of those other brands in that referenced thread, the 362 is not looking too bad! I like a 20" bar (I don't have to do what you do), but I'm thinking of getting a lighter bar for it. Can actually save 10 oz just going to a lighter 20" bar! (but darn they are expensive)

Latest posts

Back